C# scripting from within cosmos ?

Jul 21, 2010 at 2:34 PM
hi I would like to ask if the cosmos.compiler can be accesses within cosmos in order to compile C# code at boot time
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM
This is not possible yet, and probably won't be for a while.

One thing to note: our compiler doesn't compile c#, it compiles .net assemblies.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:34 PM, angarato_surion <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi I would like to ask if the cosmos.compiler can be accesses within cosmos in order to compile C# code at boot time

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:03 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2010 at 9:04 PM

what a shame ...  and idont know how to make compilers :(

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:57 PM
can imake a second question? the compiles it compiles every references that are written in .net (and already compiled as assemblies ) to binary mode automaticaly? or someone must boot also the code in a code file along with the code of the os. Also can we put an .exe file(of course .net assembly ) to exist with in the os in a specified folder ?
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 6:49 AM
Before you can boot, you have to compile a .net .exe file, together with any code it uses (referenced assemblies) to a binary package. that package is then booted.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM, angarato_surion <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

can imake a second question? the compiles it compiles every references that are written in .net (and already compiled as assemblies ) to binary mode automaticaly? or someone must boot also the code in a code file along with the code of the os. Also can we put an .exe file(of course .net assembly ) to exist with in the os in a specified folder ?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2010 at 7:34 AM
how i can can ido that i mean the binary part. and how ican put it to a specific folder in the livecd ? do you have a the project odumentation anywhere ?
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Just reference the assembly from your code, and cosmos will automagically compile the needed stuff..

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM, angarato_surion <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

how i can can ido that i mean the binary part

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:41 AM
IF i reference the asseblies(.dll) and the .exe assemblies where it will be copies ? it will allow me to tell the compiler to send them in folder that i want ? also i will be able to write the executable name and have it run ? how ican install it in a real hd or usb stick ( not as livecd )?
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM
Cosmos does not yet support dynamic loading of executables, in the kernel. For now you need to compile everything into one kernel, which is done automatically..

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM, angarato_surion <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

IF i reference the asseblies(.dll) and the .exe assemblies where it will be copies ? it will allow me to tell the compiler to send them in folder that i want ? also i will be able to write the executable name and have it run ? how ican install it in a real hd or usb stick ( not as livecd )?

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:05 AM
and how it will b executed? for example if someone referenc a file called copy.exe (.net assembly ) in comos how it will execute it ? or it will excute it automaticaly?
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2010 at 9:11 AM
you will have to call methods in it..

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM, angarato_surion <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

and how it will b executed? for example if someone referenc a file called copy.exe (.net assembly ) in comos how it will execute it ? or it will excute it automaticaly?

Jul 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM
think of it as "this one giant console application is my OS"

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

you will have to call methods in it..

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM, angarato_surion <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2010 at 9:06 PM
That's correct for current state. future will bring dynamic loading
and processes. will take a bit, though...

On 7/23/10, DuroSoft <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: DuroSoft
>
> think of it as "this one giant console application is my OS"
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM, mterwoord <[email removed]>
> wrote:
> From: mterwoord you will have to call methods in it..
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM, angarato_surion
> <[email removed]> wrote:
> From: angarato_surion and how it will b executed?for example if someone
> referenc a file called copy.exe (.net assembly ) in comos how it will
> execute it ?or it will excute it automaticaly? Read the full discussion
> online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]) To start a new discussion for this
> project, email [email removed] You are receiving this email
> because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe
> or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments
> will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be
> available online at codeplex.com
> Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply
> to this email ([email removed]) To start a new discussion
> for this project, email [email removed] You are receiving
> this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can
> unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and
> attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will
> also be available online at codeplex.com
>
>
>
Jul 28, 2010 at 3:21 PM
would multi-threading be something that would have to wait until process support is implemented, or is that something that might come sooner?

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's correct for current state. future will bring dynamic loading
and processes. will take a bit, though...

On 7/23/10, DuroSoft <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: DuroSoft

>
> think of it as "this one giant console application is my OS"
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:11 AM, mterwoord <[email removed]>

> wrote:
> From: mterwoord you will have to call methods in it..
>
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM, angarato_surion
> <[email removed]> wrote:
> From: angarato_surion and how it will b executed?for example if someone
> referenc a file called copy.exe (.net assembly ) in comos how it will
> execute it ?or it will excute it automaticaly? Read the full discussion
> online. To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]) To start a new discussion for this
> project, email [email removed] You are receiving this email

> because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe
> or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and attachments
> will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be
> available online at codeplex.com
> Read the full discussion online. To add a post to this discussion, reply
> to this email ([email removed]) To start a new discussion
> for this project, email [email removed] You are receiving

> this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can
> unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com. Please note: Images and
> attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will
> also be available online at codeplex.com
>
>
>