Cosmos & Express

Aug 30, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Hello,

I am new on Cosmos and am just playing with it for fun, when I have the time of course.

I am trying to figure out what the problem is according the text on gocosmos.org. They say that "Express does not support project groups." I am using VB.Net Express 2008 and in several solutions I have more than one project. Perhaps I have misunderstood this text, so what is the problem?

Anyone?

veenjw

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM

sry but cosmos currently only supports visual c# 2008

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM

We do not support express yet. This should come soon. Then maybe VB.NET express.

Try loading the flat project file (not sure if it still there).

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Or running the flatfileupdater util.

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Thanks, but I think you don't understand my question. I'm sorry, but English is not my native language.

I've used an older changeset and I've got Cosmos working for some time now. It works just fine, there is enough to experiment with. And a blog on gocosmos.org states that you are preparing for a release with full express support, so there is enough to look forward to. 

It is not an VB-question, but a question about a remark on your website gocosmos.org where is said that Express (C#, VB and so on) does not support project groups. This means, I think, that an solutionfile in Express can have only one project? However, I have several projects in one solution. Perhaps this would also be possible in other Express-editions like C#. Would it be helpfull if this is indeed possible?

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 3:19 PM

http://dotnettipoftheday.org/tips/visual-studio-solution-folders.aspx

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Thanks. You mean 'grouping related projects into (solution) folders'  and yes, you are right.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I like Cosmos and hope to see more from it.

Is there a way to close this discussion?

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Discussions dont seem to have status like work items. So just leave it I guess. :)