It works!!!

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM

After running in to several problems with Cosmos in VB2008Express, I've finally com up with an solution. Of course, VS2008 won't be supported anymore. But before stepping over to VS2010, I want to understand how things work. 

I modified in the template the vbproj.file and program.vb. Now, if I create a new CosmosBoot-project, I can immediatly build it and boot it.

Next step was to convert the guess-game to vb. It works also, except for the random-part. There seems to be a problem with the use of integers and strings and math, missing plugs or something.  However, the guess-game worked under C# (I think),  so it should be possible to get it working under VB. The use of Math is important, since a simple counter already needs to add up. Still working on it.

I know, I know, it's just a small step. But I'm exited about it, so I thought it would be nice to share it with you.

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Which release are you using?

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM

MS4 with Changeset 64780.

Since I'm still figuring out how things work I just came up with the following. I saw something with Strings.cs in Cosmos.Kernel.Plugs. It looks like some Math is implemented in Changeset 65900 and I did see something about Int32 being implemented in a changeset. So I thought that, if I use the DLL's from the latest Changeset, I could use Integers and Strings and do some Math.

Does this make sense?

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 1:24 PM
makes sense, but proably wont work. Also, we use a completely different builder structure now (msbuild based) compared to ms4..

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:21 PM, veenjw <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

MS4 with Changeset 64780.

Since I'm still figuring out how things work I just came up with the following. I saw something with Strings.cs in Cosmos.Kernel.Plugs. It looks like some Math is implemented in Changeset 65900 and I did see something about Int32 being implemented in a changeset. So I thought that, if I use the DLL's from the latest Changeset, I could use Integers and Strings and do some Math.

Does this make sense?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Since express is not supported in MS5 I'll have to use MS4 for now. 

Any idea what would be a better approach?

Writing plugs in VB wouldn't probably work either...

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Stay on MS4 till Express is supported again. We have VS 2010 working, and almost have VS 2010 Express working. Plugs can be written in VB, but better to do it in C# as they can be integrated and supported by the team.

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Wait for the next couple of releases: VS2010 support is coming, after that (not too long after) express

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM, veenjw <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Since express is not supported in MS5 i'll have to use MS4 for now. 

Any idea what would be a better approach?

Writing plugs in VB wouldn't probably won't work either...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Oke, bedankt.