File System (Please Remove)

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Dear Developers of COSMOS,

I'd like to ask if there should be a release with a file system built into the developer kit, because it's currently hard for me to put in a file system into one of the projects I'm involved with (based on COSMOS). So do you think there should be a release without a file system and a release with a filesystem?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM
On 10/4/2010 7:57 AM, csiew88 wrote:
> I'd like to ask if there should be a release with a file system built
> into the developer kit, because it's currently hard for me to put in a
> file system into one of the projects I'm involved with (based on
> COSMOS). *So do you think there should be a release without a file
> system and a release with a filesystem?*

Sure. And multi tasking, and a GUI, and networking, and a web server,
and and word processor.

All we need are people to code them. Its not like they are sitting
around and we just choose not to include them.
Oct 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

:-)

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:33 PM

dont worry about gui i got it covered just like a month and ill have bugs fixed

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:38 PM

csiew88, or should i say csiew23?

lol anyways ive built a filesystem for dud3. it can search for files... although its a flat-filesystem for now.

(me and csiew88 have a lot of.. well... BAD history with each other, especially with him posting on his site that he fired me when i never worked with him)

 

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM
On 10/8/2010 2:38 PM, Hack3rinc wrote:
> lol anyways ive built a filesystem for dud3. it can search for files...
> although its a flat-filesystem for now.
>
> (me and csiew88 have a lot of.. well... BAD history with each other,
> especially with him posting on his site that he fired me when i never
> worked with him)

Filesystems are on the shortlist, but we need to finish rebuilding ATA
first.
Oct 9, 2010 at 2:49 AM
Hack3rinc wrote:

csiew88, or should i say csiew23?

lol anyways ive built a filesystem for dud3. it can search for files... although its a flat-filesystem for now.

(me and csiew88 have a lot of.. well... BAD history with each other, especially with him posting on his site that he fired me when i never worked with him)

 

You don't have to continue fighting if you want to. The fight is over. We don't need to fight.

Oct 10, 2010 at 8:00 PM

if the fight is over, then who won?

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:46 PM

It's up to you since you were the one who brought the fight up.

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Take this childish crap away from COSMOS please. We don't need or want it here - we are trying to attract mature developers not kids.

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:58 AM
smremde wrote:

Take this childish crap away from COSMOS please. We don't need or want it here - we are trying to attract mature developers not kids.

Look, my main point here is, does COSMOS ALREADY HAVE a built in file system?

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:07 AM
YES. No need to be rude here. Just ask polite, (or just do some
googling) and you'll see we have read-only Ext2 support

On 10/11/10, csiew88 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: csiew88
>
> smremde wrote:
> Take this childish crap away from COSMOS please. We don't need or want it
> here - we are trying to attract mature developers not kids.Look, my main
> point here is, does COSMOS ALREADY HAVE a built in file system?
>
>
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2010 at 11:59 AM
On 10/11/2010 4:56 AM, smremde wrote:
> Take this childish crap away from COSMOS please. We don't need or want
> it here - we are trying to attract mature developers not kids.

+1
Oct 11, 2010 at 12:29 PM
mterwoord wrote:
YES. No need to be rude here. Just ask polite, (or just do some
googling) and you'll see we have read-only Ext2 support

Ok.

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM

im sorry, i did not want to seem rude or childish