Keyboard not working

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM

I am using the Release 67934 Userkit with Visual Studio 2010. The default project builds fine, but when I launch it in VMware Player in Debug mode, it halts at Console.ReadLine(). No matter what buttons I press on my keyboard, I can't get it to execute past that line. I am not sure if Cosmos is freezing at that point or simply ignoring my keypresses. Is anyone else having similar problems? Has anyone resolved similar problems? Does anyone know how to go about finding (and eliminating) the cause?

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM

There is a CPU halt in this functions, so it cannot work.

Didn't know how we can fix it, but in thread http://cosmos.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=230300 is refered over that.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM
trivalik, not true.

many hardware works with interrupts. keyboard (ps/2) gives an irq for
each scancode (which maps to a key using the keymap). the CPU.Halt
method puts the cpu in halt mode (wait) till next interrupt. so in
this case cpu.halt should be ok...

On 10/25/10, Trivalik <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: Trivalik
>
> There is a CPU halt in this functions, so it cannot work.Didn't know how we
> can fix it, but in thread
> http://cosmos.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=230300 is refered over
> that.
>
>
Oct 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Shouldn't the Halt instruction cause the CPU to halt only until the next interrupt, which should be generated by the keyboard upon a key press?

EDIT: Sorry, mterwoord. I didn't see your response when I posted this. Do you know what could be causing the problem then, or how I could go about trying to diagnose it?

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2010 at 5:59 AM
which is what i said, i think?

On 10/26/10, sashabu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: sashabu
>
> Shouldn't the Halt instruction cause the CPU to halt only until the next
> interrupt, which should be generated by the keyboard upon a key press?
>
>
Nov 4, 2010 at 2:10 AM

As I wrote in the edit, I forgot to refresh the page and only saw Trivalik's response when I replied, so I ended up saying exactly what you said.

Do you know what could be causing the problem then, or how I could go about trying to diagnose it?

Nov 24, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I'm still having this problem in release 68428. Am I the only one with this problem? Could it be something wrong with my setup?

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Still doesn't work in changeset 70388. Is anyone else experiencing or investigating this problem?