Cosmos GUI

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:18 AM

My god how long will it take for some one to accualy give us a GUI. I been up day and night try to make a simple GUI operating system but instead we have to stick with text inputs.I what users to use my operating system just like they use windows or mac and also Linux.Why wont someone just give us a simple GUI project to open in C#.Why dosent the developers who do Cosmos just give us a easier way to to make GUI OS's by making another milestone that has mouse intalization or a way that we can have more then 200 something colors for the GUI's some people i see are making.I mean come on people have videos on You tube that shows Cosmos GUI's they made.I hope no ones taking this a little to harsh.I just want to speak my mind on what I think.There should be better Video tutorial on making cosmos c# operating systems and cosmos c# GUI operating systems.Can some one at least give us some code or something for a GUI.

PS:Milestone 5 wont work on visual c# 2008 express edition HELP!!!! 

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:49 PM

if u go on youtube i am working on a cosmos tutorial series and will soon be on gui i am also working on a class that cosmos can put in their project

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:41 PM

When are you gonna have those videos up and also can you add a file were all the code is for your projects,because I seen your videos and I had some errors and warnings while putting the code in my visual c# 2008 Express.You might know me from you tube I am Kidjackass100

Developer
Nov 21, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Milestone 5 doesn't support Express editions.  Look at the prerequisites http://www.gocosmos.org/Releases/64142/index.EN.aspx

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I just need code on how to make a GUI with milestone 4

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 7:15 AM
Stevenator:

First of all, I find the tone of your initial message a bit harsh, although you say I should not..

I sense a complete lack of respect for the people driving the project: The core goals of Cosmos do NOT contains a GUI. This doesn't however mean we dont want to make it possible for people to make those themselves, which is why we do have a vga driver.

A tremendous amount of work has gone into making a decent compiler, base kernel system, Visual Studio integration code, etc. (Our next release will support Visual Studio 2010, all the way from the express editions to the ultimate edition). This is what the project needs first, it's much more important to have base libraries working (I also feel TCP is included in this), before making a fancy gui.

We're very close to this next release. We think we solved all issues left, but we are still waiting for people to do some testing..

Thanks for understand.

With kind regards,
Matthijs ter Woord
Vice-chair of Cosmos.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:36 AM, stevenator <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I just need code on how to make a GUI with milestone 4

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM

stevenator, I have to agree with Matthijs, comments like that are not constructive. Maybe contribute something instead of whining? 

And with regards to your initial comment (and I don't mean to be harsh):

"I been up day and night try to make a simple GUI operating system but instead we have to stick with text inputs.I what users to use my operating system just like they use windows or mac and also Linux"

If you have been up all night and day, and can't get a simple GUI programmed, then no one is ever going to use your OS.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Might be interesting to add:

When Chad and I started this project, it took me weeks to get to a point where our compiler could compile this code:

"public static void Main()
{
int xTest = 1 + 2;
}"

We then had to use an assembler-level debugger to view the results. So don't think we hardly do anything,....

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM, smremde <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

stevenator, I have to agree with Matthijs, comments like that are not constructive. Maybe contribute something instead of whining?

And with regards to your initial comment (and I don't mean to be harsh):

"I been up day and night try to make a simple GUI operating system but instead we have to stick with text inputs.I what users to use my operating system just like they use windows or mac and also Linux"

If you have been up all night and day, and can't get a simple GUI programmed, then no one is ever going to use your OS.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 23, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I know a couple of you guys might be a bit offended at my harshness and I'm sorry for that,but I thought telling you guys how I feel will hopefully give me a answer on how to GUI.