Support for VS 2010

Developer
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Ok I could not find any topics regarding this but I should say this right now... Why not just put the 2008 edition with the VS 2010? What's the problem with doing that? IT has all of the .net CLient frameworks, and it has Compatibility. I'm using VS 2010 Ultimate.

Developer
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Are you kid me? Microsoft didn't add 2008 edition to it because VS 2010 already has support for all the previous frameworks. 

Developer
Dec 21, 2010 at 1:06 AM

...I meant for the COSMOS User Kit...

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2010 at 5:23 PM
On 12/20/2010 9:06 PM, Blizzardo1 wrote:
> ...I meant for the COSMOS User Kit...

Supporting one VS is enough work. We dont have resources to support both.
Developer
Dec 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Have you tried running it on vs 2010? VS 2010 has everything VS 2008 has.

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM
We're working on visual studio integration (including debugger). The work needed to be done for VS2010 is somewhat different than for 2008. We dont have the resources to support both.

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Blizzardo1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Have you tried running it on vs 2010? VS 2010 has everything VS 2008 has.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Dec 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Ok So I installed XP on my VM, Installed VC# 2008 Express. This is all I have. I don't have a VS 2008 Image. Is there a bloody way I can install Cosmos for VC#?

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM
no need to swear.

just follow instructions. latest release needs vs2010. (including
express editions)

if you want us to help you further, provide us with more info (and
be a bit more patience...)

On 12/27/10, Blizzardo1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: Blizzardo1
>
> Ok So I installed XP on my VM, Installed VC# 2008 Express. This is all I
> have. I don't have a VS 2008 Image. Is there a bloody way I can install
> Cosmos for VC#?
>
>
Developer
Dec 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Edited Dec 27, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Sorry. I'm just so exited about what you can do with COSMOS. I've seen a lot of C# OS's with the COSMOS insignia. I just want to see what I can do since I'm learning C#, know quite a bit about it. I also figured out __arglist. Amazing method. I'm using it for Echo in my CLI.

**Edit: It won't let me boot the System. It wants a few things from me...

Error 1 Plug needed. System.Int32  Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.GetCurrentDirectory(System.Int32, System.Text.StringBuilder)   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanMethod(MethodBase aMethod, Boolean aIsPlug) in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\IL2CPU\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 663   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\IL2CPU\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 779   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod) in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\IL2CPU\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 284   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\IL2CPU\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 239 C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 Breaker OSBoot

Developer
Dec 27, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Ok now I'm mad. Every time I use VMWare or any other VM, It never allows me to type anything, AND I have the drivers for those VM's... idk see why VBox is a bad VM App... It's far better than VMWare... at least VBox allows me to disconnect my device when I want it too, instead of installing a driver which won't let me reset the keyboard to the host... that really pisses me off.

**Edit: Please... Evey time I post, it means I really need help. I"m very new to this project. There is no Key input while the OS inits.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2010 at 7:29 AM
Please see 2 different aspects when comparing applications: not knowing the app, and the app unable to do what you want.

You can "disconnect" the keyboard lock from vmware by pushing ctrl+alt simultaneously (by default).

Regarding typing: what kernel code are you using? (and what cosmos version)

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Blizzardo1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok now I'm mad. Every time I use VMWare or any other VM, It never allows me to type anything, AND I have the drivers for those VM's... idk see why VBox is a bad VM App... It's far better than VMWare... at least VBox allows me to disconnect my device when I want it too, instead of installing a driver which won't let me reset the keyboard to the host... that really pisses me off.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com