A compile error

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM

hi, i am a Chinese developer. I download the source code.

i find out that if i unzip the source code into a path with Chinese word. The error like this

"C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(52,9): error : Error occurred while invoking objdump

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(52,9): error : /cygdrive/e/Program Files/Cosmos User Kit/Build/tools/cygwin/objdump: 'E:\鍔炲叕椤圭洰\鎿嶄綔绯荤粺\source2\Users\Kudzu\Breakpoints\bin\Debug\Breakpoints.bin': No such file已完成生成项目“Breakpoints.Cosmos”的操作 - 失败。" will occur when i compile the source code.

And i move the source code into a path that all letters is English word then it works well.

Does is my problem or something else?

Er............my poor English, I hope i write clearly enough to understand. :)

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM
We use some cygwin utilities. Aparently they don't cope well with non-english characters in paths.
How are you installing the sources?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi, i am a Chinese developer. I download the source code.

i find out that if i unzip the source code into a path with Chinese word. The error like this

"C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(52,9): error : Error occurred while invoking objdump

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(52,9): error : /cygdrive/e/Program Files/Cosmos User Kit/Build/tools/cygwin/objdump: 'E:\鍔炲叕椤圭洰\鎿嶄綔绯荤粺\source2\Users\Kudzu\Breakpoints\bin\Debug\Breakpoints.bin': No such file已完成生成项目"Breakpoints.Cosmos"的操作 - 失败。" will occur when i compile the source code.

And i move the source code into a path that all letters is English word then it works well.

Does is my problem or something else?

Er............my poor English, I hope i write clearly enough to understand. :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Run the CosmosUserKit.exe first.

Then download the "cosmos-72205.zip" and unzip the file. Then open the .sln file with VS2010

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM
That's not garanteed to work ok. safest way to install devkit is to install the innosetup QuickStart pack (the quickstart pack, not the normal installer), and run Build\VSIP\install.bat

that way it's using the latest sources...

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Then download the "cosmos-72205.zip" and unzip the file. Then open the .sln file with VS2010

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM
mterwoord wrote:
That's not garanteed to work ok. safest way to install devkit is to install the innosetup QuickStart pack (the quickstart pack, not the normal installer), and run Build\VSIP\install.bat

Thanks for reply.

I had install the innosetup QuickStart pack. But I don't know how to use it to install the devkit. Can i find some guide in somewhere?

And the .zip file i downloaded didn't include the file "Build\VSIP\install.bat"

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM
install.bat is all you need. please do a search. cannot access sources at the moment, but should be in there..

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

Thanks for reply.

I had install the innosetup QuickStart pack. But I don't know how to use it to install the devkit. Can i find some guide in somewhere?

And the .zip file i downloaded didn't include the file "Build\VSIP\install.bat"

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM

OK.

I download the source file again in here. and find out the install.bat file.

Thank you