Cosmos.target

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I get an error when trying to compile my OS

Error 6 The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Initialize() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 157   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 204 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 N1BVBoot

i tried to move Cosmos.target which was in C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets and moved it into c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\ Turns out there was no folder so I created them. didnt do anything so now im here

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2011 at 8:24 AM
I assume you are trying to use the devkit?

there should be no need to manually move cosmos files. the "cannot find the file" error is from Reflection.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:53 AM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I get an error when trying to compile my OS

Error 6 The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path) at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Initialize() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 157 at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 204 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 N1BVBoot

i tried to move Cosmos.target which was in C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets and moved it into c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\ Turns out there was no folder so I created them. didnt do anything so now im here

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 5, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Actually I Installed the user kit. if it helps i am running it on visual studio 2010 ultimate

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Then you still shouldn't need to move files around. what are you trying to do? also, which userkit version?

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Actually I Installed the user kit. if it helps i am running it on visual studio 2010 ultimate

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I forgot to mention i put the file back after it didn't do anything. and its the one updated by you on december 29 2010

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2011 at 2:22 PM
That's latest?

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:55 PM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I forgot to mention i put the file back after it didn't do anything. and its the one updated by you on december 29 2010

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:47 PM

ya. well i got it from codeplex.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Should I reinstall it?

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Best to try that: first uninstall, then look around if you find any cosmos files and remove them, then install again.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:07 AM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Should I reinstall it?

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Did it, Didn't work at all... still getting the same error :(

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM
You tried running a cleanly created project?

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 5:58 PM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Did it, Didn't work at all... still getting the same error :(

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Ya. the build started. does this mean you want to see my code?

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I decided to screw around with the original build of the user kit. it turns out that console.forgroundcolor and background color doesnt work. is there a way in cosmos to make this or am i stuck with the black background and whit text?

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 7:10 AM
Wait for next release..

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:00 AM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I decided to screw around with the original build of the user kit. it turns out that console.forgroundcolor and background color doesnt work. is there a way in cosmos to make this or am i stuck with the black background and whit text?

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM

thats cool but first off why does cosmos think i have c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs? 

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 7:23 AM
It doesn't. cosmos releases are built with debug symbols, to ease our debugging efforts when people have issues. for .NET this means that the paths are embedded in the pdb files. the paths you see reflect my dev machine :-)

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

thats cool but first off why does cosmos think i have c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs?

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:00 PM

that makes totes sense. but why cant cosmos use all commands in the c# .NET library? is it like the cosmos thing doesnt understand how to incorperate it into the gui or something bigger?

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Please explain what you mean here

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

that makes totes sense. but why cant cosmos use all commands in the c# .NET library? is it like the cosmos thing doesnt understand how to incorperate it into the gui or something bigger?

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM

like. in a console application you can use the whole .NET framework(well you know what i mean). but in Cosmos you cant do the change foreground command  so I'm taking it as the Cosmos has to have that code integrated into it for it to work

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 7:15 AM
cosmos can't use complete .net framework, as the .net framework "just" wraps operating system (windows, mono wraps linux/macosx/windows) functionality. we implement a full operating system.

Now, if you dont understand that it's a bit (huge understatement) of work to make an operating system...

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM, majorawsome <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

like. in a console application you can use the whole .NET framework(well you know what i mean). but in Cosmos you cant do the change foreground command so I'm taking it as the Cosmos has to have that code integrated into it for it to work

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM

ight. thread closed i guess? if i know how to do it... ya. i dont know how to do it so guess you'll do it. haha.