Extension to the note to new guys

Developer
Feb 25, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2011 at 6:56 PM

1) This is not the all in one mega solution to achieving success. You should be applauding and thanking the Cosmos developers for their efforts, not complaining 'WHERE'S THE GUI!?!?!?!?!'. Writing an OS is a challenge, and it takes time.

2) Maybe I can understand why you want a GUI. But this and VGA are very low priority. These are of no use if the underlying kernel doesn't work. Big priorities are such things as memory and threading.

3) Learn C# before you start Cosmos. If you don't know how to write a console application in C# then I don't know how you can expect to do this.

4) Don't expect everything to work, certainly not out of the box.

5) Read and understand what is going on. If you have VS Express, don't expect new revisions to work yet [I have express so I've got to wait before I can start doing anything unfortunately], and don't go complaining and giving bad reviews. Be patient; good things come to those who wait.

6) Make sure you know what you are doing. Read documentation and everything first; then if you can't find the answer, ask here.

I'm off back to the facebook group, there's less noobs.

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM

lol thanks for paying attention to that note.

im getting alot of crap sent from n00bs because of it.

xD

my replies to your awesome post:

1) true

2) personally i like CLI better because there are a LOT less distractions (distractions are a problem for me because of my adhd lol) and it can do alot more than a gui

3) this is a little between-you-and-me secret: i honestly dont know c#. idk how i do it but when i start coding it just comes to my mind...

4) can we expect it to work "dick-in-a-box" instead? :P lol

5) true

6) very true

lol