System.IO

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Is system.IO usable with cosmos? I have not had a chance to try it myself as my visual studio professional keeps saying it is not sp1.

Also for anyone that want visual studio google dream spark. If your still in school or  University you get 1 year for free. 

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM
for universities, there's also the msdn aa agreement interesting as well..

Now to you question: what visual studio version yopu have, what cosmos version are you trying to install?

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:49 PM, edgareatis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is system.IO usable with cosmos? I have not had a chance to try it myself as my visual studio professional keeps saying it is not sp1.

Also for anyone that want visual studio google dream spark. If your still in school or University you get 1 year for free.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I have 2010, i got the problem fixed, had to reinstall framework and update my windows but all good now :)

But is filestream, binary reader ect supported?

Im not sure what version i have to if it is supported say what version i need to use it. Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2011 at 7:24 AM
no, we're working on system.io support again. we had it implemented in our old kernel, but we started from scratch, and are working on driver model et.c.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM, edgareatis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have 2010, i got the problem fixed, had to reinstall framework and update my windows but all good now :)

But is filestream, binary reader ect supported?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM

ok are you adding binaryreader and writer?

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM
at somee point it'll work. it's a matter of priorities: we're working
on filesystem and driver mdell. we implement what we need for that.
however, there are some structurall things that dont work
(probablyonly interfaces, atm..)

On 3/13/11, edgareatis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: edgareatis
>
> ok are you adding binaryreader and writer?
>
>
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2011 at 12:37 PM
On 3/13/2011 11:03 AM, edgareatis wrote:
> ok are you adding binaryreader and writer?

Im working on it currently but we have a few blocking bugs in the
compiler I uncovered.