This project is read-only.

Cannot Build/Run COSMOS C# Project

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM

When I try to run/debug/build my project i see this error: http://img714.imageshack.us/i/errorcosmos.jpg/

I don't see the cosmos builder open.

What should/can i do?

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM
What version you use? both vs and cosmos

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM, iCow <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

When I try to run/debug/build my project i see this error: http://img714.imageshack.us/i/errorcosmos.jpg/

I don't see the cosmos builder open.

What should/can i do?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM

As I can see you use the Express Version, so you need the Visual Studio Shell. The issue for you is that the wrong project is selected as startproject, but in express Version you could only compile the kernel dll and not the full ISO.

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM

The user kit installer says "product version: 71406"

I an running the latest VS Shell (I only downloaded it last night)

@ Trivalik: Not quite sure as to what you mean. Are you saying that because I'm running the express version of C# I cannot export a full ISO? Could you elaborate/simplify your answer.

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM
iCow: you need to use both C# Express and VS Shell. In C# Express you have the library (which builds ok already), in Shell you have a cosmos project referencing the dll. in Shell you run (and debug) your kernel..

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM, iCow <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The user kit installer says "product version: 71406"

I an running the latest VS Shell (I only downloaded it last night)

@ Trivalik: Not quite sure as to what you mean. Are you saying that because I'm running the express version of C# I cannot export a full ISO? Could you elaborate/simplify your answer.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:12 AM

So what am I needing to do to get my code from C# to shell. When explaining assume I know nothing.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:22 AM
In trhe VS shell project, add a reference to your kernel project's dll.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:12 AM, iCow <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So what am I needing to do to get my code from C# to shell. When explaining assume I know nothing.