Is it possible to open a public account for us to connect to Source Controller

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Hi team,

Is it possible for us to have a public account to connect to the Cosmos's source controller. So that we can read the source code in our VS.   :)

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM
you can use subversion bridge for that..

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi team,

Is it possible for us to have a public account to connect to the Cosmos's source controller. So that we can read the source code in our VS. :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 3, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded and set up the Svnbrigde

But when I tried to connect to the source controller with https://localhost:8081/tfs.codeplex.com/tfs/TFS04 in TortoiseSVN, I still was asked to  provide the username and password. Is there  something wrong with me?

I can connect with https://IL2CPU.svn.codeplex.com/svn freely in TortoiseSVN. But I would like to use the VS to read and compare the code. So, is there any way else to get and to compare every update of Cosmos from first Check-In till now except download from site?

Thanks again.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 7:25 AM
I think the svn bridge by codeplex (the second url in your post) is capable of doing that. Otherwise, it's still possible to join us for development......

Curious: what are you trying to achieve?

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded and set up the Svnbrigde

But when I tried to connect to the source controller with https://localhost:8081/tfs.codeplex.com/tfs/TFS04 in TortoiseSVN, I still was asked to provide the username and password. Is there something wrong with me?

I can connect with https://IL2CPU.svn.codeplex.com/svn freely in TortoiseSVN. But I would like to use the VS to read and compare the code. So, is there any way else to get and to compare every update of Cosmos from first Check-In till now except download from site?

Thanks again.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 4, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I‘d like to join you for development.

But I not sure that I can contribute code for Cosmos because I think my coding is a little weak.

BTW: How can I be a developer of Cosmos  :)

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM
First step is to join our mailinglist....

Low knowledge level isn't a problem: most "problems" arise by wrong attitudes, because some people dont google stuff or something like that..

Join our mailinglist and post an introduction there telling what your interests are, background, etc, and ask how to help..

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I‘d like to join you for development.

But I not sure that I can contribute code for Cosmos because I think my coding is a little weak.

BTW: How can I be a developer of Cosmos :)

May 4, 2011 at 1:24 PM

:(

It seems that I have sent the request with any word before. And now, I just can see "Request to join project is pending" in Join Us.

Would you reject my last request? So that, I can rejoin the project.

Sorry for the inconvenience may caused.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM
What's your email address? i can also just approve you now. :)

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:24 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

:(

It seems that I have sent the request with any word before. And now, I just can see "Request to join project is pending" in Join Us.

Would you reject my last request? So that, I can rejoin the project.

Sorry for the inconvenience may caused.

May 4, 2011 at 1:52 PM

My Email: lihengzhe0803@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot :)

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM
What's your yahoo id?

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

My Email: lihengzhe0803@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot :)

May 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM

My Yahoo ID: lihengzhe0803

Are there anything else that I need to provide?