RE: a bad deal?

May 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM

This kid on youtube is trying to trick my friend out of his os code.

i say "trick" because he wants to trade physical filesytem code for grunts api code.

tl;dr is there a working filesystem yet or is the kid lying? just wondering

Developer
May 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

You should get him to send you a .iso copy of OS to run on VirtualBox so you can see it work for yourself; also get him to send you snippet of code for new file or new folder maybe?

May 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Trading source code is a very insecure activity and often you can be cheated out of your own source code.

It's too bad that COSMOS is such a small community that we actually have to trade source code instead of being provided tons of free code snippets, but I still feel that it isn't wise to give others your source code.

As MeLikesPCCheese already stated, I would at least attempt to get some kind of proof.

Coordinator
May 13, 2011 at 7:30 AM
The current cosmos community is doing its best for growing, however, as the project (functionally speaking) still is in "startup phase" (working on filesystem, no tcp/ip currently, etc....) most people tag it as uninteresting..

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:22 AM, SethiXzon <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Trading source code is a very insecure activity and often you can be cheated out of your own source code.

It's too bad that COSMOS is such a small community that we actually have to trade source code instead of being provided tons of free code snippets, but I still feel that it isn't wise to give others your source code.

As MeLikesPCCheese already stated, I would at least attempt to get some kind of proof.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 14, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Its me Grunt , i already asked this question and it sounds like he is lying , he never replied to my comment anyway. The kid sounds like he is 5