OPEN SOURCE PROJECTS OR GUI OS?

May 24, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I think the best way for me to get started would be to look at someones else's project and learn from it. So if you have one or know of one please by all means let me know. Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM
> I think the best way for me to get started would be to look at someones
> else's project and learn from it. So if you have one or know of one
> please by all means let me know. Thanks - Matt

GUI project? or any project?
May 24, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Preferably GUI but any project will work. Thanks - Matt

Developer
May 24, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Once I work out a few of the kinks, I can send you a copy of my drawing tools, which will aid you greatly in creating your OS (it's been a nightmare getting them working).

May 24, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Even if it has a few kinks, dont worry about it, as long as I can get the general idea of how it works I am good to go. But please dont be afraid to send it to me. I need all the examples and source I can get to learn. Thanks - Matt

May 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM

blah38621, you posted this a while back, "Well, as part of my gui project, I am working on making the equivelent of the WinForms framework available in Cosmos. (It will also include a window manager, that way I can minimize (and maximize) windows much easier.", I hate to ask but could you send me this gui project of yours and the WinForms framework, I am 13 believe it or not, and I am trying to get a head start on learning how to program a Operating System and this could really help. Please help. Thanks - Matt

Developer
May 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Edited May 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Well, as i can't seem to find your email, I have put up 3 source files, (which work fully (except for a few special triangle cases) in my test environment, cosmos has problems with some of them XD) on my server, which can be reached here:

(No longer XD)

If you would tell me when you have them, I don't want to keep that link out there for the search engines XD (i don't have a fast enough upload speed to be dealing with indexing by a search engine)

May 24, 2011 at 1:47 AM

My email is civilwarrock@yahoo.com. Thanks - Matt

May 24, 2011 at 1:48 AM

My email is civilwarrock@yahoo.com. Thanks - Matt

May 24, 2011 at 1:49 AM

What is a cs file? Can you zip the projects up and email them. Thanks I really appreciate it. - Matt 

May 24, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Have you sent them yet blah38621? Cause I dont see them in my email. If you dont mind sending them that would be great. Thanks blah38621 - Matt

May 24, 2011 at 3:18 AM

blah38621, please send me the projects as soon as possible, I would like to start studying. Thanks blah38621 - Matt

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 2:40 AM
> Preferably GUI but any project will work. Thanks - Matt

Probably start with the simple demos. My projects are built around
testing kernels, drivers, file systems etc and probably are not the best
start.
May 25, 2011 at 6:13 AM

Hi, Matt

Welcome to Cosmos I am elven you might want to look at my os.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhGAeGemAF4

May 25, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Would you not mind sending me the project files to super byte for me to study. And I can't beleive your two years younger than me and have a GUI! XD 

Email: civlwarrock@yahoo.com

Thanks - Matt