How to read from disc

May 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM

hi can anyone tell me how to read from disc

May 27, 2011 at 3:36 AM
SuperByte wrote:

The last I heard, the COSMOS developers were working on physical file systems (FAT32, Ext2, etc..) but problems with their compiler have prevented them from doing so. Meaning as of right now: You can't (I may be wrong). You could do a couple different thing instead however:

First: Implement a simple RAM disk (VFS).

Second: Attempt to port a driver for a physical file system (FAT, Ext, SFS).

Third: Just wait for the COSMOS developers to finish their drivers.

Personally I am attempting (I use that word loosely) to implement a FAT32 driver for MS4.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Blackfirez: it's not advisable to implement any large things on top of old (in the case of MS4: ancient) releases. especially if we have the same functionality almost working.

We almost have FAT support working in the latest release (which requires VS 2010, btw). If you want to help us get it done sooner, start test the compiler more, and tell us where it crashes....

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:36 AM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

SuperByte wrote:

The last I heard, the COSMOS developers were working on physical file systems (FAT32, Ext2, etc..) but problems with their compiler have prevented them from doing so. Meaning as of right now: You can't (I may be wrong). You could do a couple different thing instead however:

Personally I am attempting (I use that word loosely) to implement a FAT32 driver for MS4.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Blackfirez: it's not advisable to implement any large things on top of old (in the case of MS4: ancient) releases. especially if we have the same functionality almost working.

We almost have FAT support working in the latest release (which requires VS 2010, btw). If you want to help us get it done sooner, start test the compiler more, and tell us where it crashes....

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:36 AM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

SuperByte wrote:

The last I heard, the COSMOS developers were working on physical file systems (FAT32, Ext2, etc..) but problems with their compiler have prevented them from doing so. Meaning as of right now: You can't (I may be wrong). You could do a couple different thing instead however:

Personally I am attempting (I use that word loosely) to implement a FAT32 driver for MS4.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

"it's not advisable to implement any large things on top of old (in the case of MS4: ancient) releases." Hahaha, Yeah probably not. But I liked MS4, it had Mouse and VGA support built in, and I could use C# express 2008, instead of 2010 (Its a RAM hog, yeah i'm living in the dark ages hahah). I might make a transition to 2010 someday.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM
bottom-line is: no point in complaining about old versions....

iirc ms4 had read-only ext2 support...

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

SuperByte wrote:

"it's not advisable to implement any large things on top of old (in the case of MS4: ancient) releases." Hahaha, Yeah probably not. But I liked MS4, it had Mouse and VGA support built in, and I could use C# express 2008, instead of 2010 (Its a RAM hog, yeah i'm living in the dark ages hahah). I might make a transition to 2010 someday.

May 27, 2011 at 3:40 PM
mterwoord wrote:
bottom-line is: no point in complaining about old versions....

iirc ms4 had read-only ext2 support...

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

SuperByte wrote:

Well, I wasn't complaining about an old version. I actually liked MS4 over the current release, for whatever reason.