Get Screen Width And Height?

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Hey guys I'm working on a GUI, and I was wondering how to get the screen width and height. Thanks - Yours Truly - Matt

Developer
Jun 9, 2011 at 3:23 AM

What system are you using? (aka, are you using a copy of my system that i've posted a link to from time-to-time, or just the vgascreen class? (I'll push it to the repository once I get a bit more of it working) ) Also, what version are you using?

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:33 AM

can you send me that link so that I make look at it. I'm using Ms4. And I am using a system I built. Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 3:43 AM
> can you send me that link so that I make look at it. I'm using Ms4. And
> I am using a system I built. Thanks - Matt

You will need to use dev kit. No one is going to offer much support for
MS4. Its very old, and very different from what the devs are using.
Jun 9, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Oh ok. Thanks 

Developer
Jun 9, 2011 at 3:56 AM

What I have (barely anything works in it, due to issues with cosmos), is here:

http://iab-md.co.cc/Cosmos/Orvid.Graphics.zip

Please don't ask for support with that library, as any issue you've found is already being worked on XD (Feel free to send me any fixes though :P) 

Also, as a note, don't try to mess with the polygon drawing code, as i haven't gotten to it yet, due to the fact i'm trying to fix a few issues with my flood-fill algorithm (which i use to fill the triangles, which are what the polygon gets split into :P)

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:38 AM

Wow this is some really impressive code. I can see why you are a developer. The code does not work in ms4 but would you not mind writing me a window API that I can move a window around, minimize, maximize, close, and move it around. And then can you built a test program that works in a window to show ma a example. If you could do that and do it in ms4 I would really appreciate it. I am only 13 and would right the code myself but this is way to complex for my simple mind at this age. I hate to ask you but this would really help me. And if you could show me some control examples I would really really appreciate it.

If you don't mind helping me, then please make it work in ms4. Thanks - Matt.

P.S. That is the most amazing code I have ever seen even thought I got 32 errors. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM
civilwarrock wrote:

Hey guys I'm working on a GUI, and I was wondering how to get the screen width and height. Thanks - Yours Truly - Matt

It depends on the graphics mode in MS4, you are either working in 320x240, or 640x480 (Look at the SetPixel method it should tell you eg. VGAScreen.SetPixel320x240x8(0, 0, 1))

Just as a side note: You posted this question on five separate posts. You need to be careful not to spam the discussion forum, one post for one question is plenty.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Sorry I did not mean to do that. When I clicked Save or maybe it was Post, it did that. I meant to only post one. Anyway. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jun 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

:P the window movement code is in the works, but it won't happen until I get the mouse working :P (my current method of moving the mouse (via wasd keys), is annoying to work with)

I also don't plan on back-porting, although I'm pretty sure I don't make much use of the kernel, might I ask you to email me the build log? (if your using VC# express, you'll need to go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions and check the 2nd item from the bottom ("Show Output window when build starts"), that way you can see the build output, which is what I need.)