Real system boot problem?

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering if I can fix this, I built a operating system and when I went to boot it on my laptop using a usb, it gives me a error. 

Error mboot.c32 is not a COM32R image. Can I fix this? 

I would like to live boot it to test it today. Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 7:35 AM
Probably the burning/formatting didn't go ok. You're using USB, did you disconnect the device from windows correctly?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:49 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey guys, I was wondering if I can fix this, I built a operating system and when I went to boot it on my laptop using a usb, it gives me a error.

Error mboot.c32 is not a COM32R image. Can I fix this?

I would like to live boot it to test it today. Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Im not sure thats the problem mterwoord, I used a program called ubootn or something and all it did was extract the iso files to my usb. Is there a program I need to use to convert as you were saying and then it on my usb? Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM
On 6/9/2011 9:40 AM, civilwarrock wrote:
> Im not sure thats the problem mterwoord, I used a program called ubootn
> or something and all it did was extract the iso files to my usb. Is the
> a program I need to use to convert as you were saying and then it on my
> usb? Thanks - Matt

You have to run VS as an admin for USB to work because it needs admin
permissions to make low level mods to the USB drive.
Jun 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM

You can't just put bootable files on a flash drive and expect it to boot. The bootloader has to be in the mbr. Cosmos has a tool that will do that for you just hit F5 and check USB and buil

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Thanks for the reply Grunt, I tried that and it said I was missing: Could not find part of the path? How do I fix that?