Audio

Jun 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Edited Jun 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Hi all,

I know you can make sounds using beep but would anyone have code for making an audio player . MS4

Thanks,

Super Byte

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I guess first you should ask yourself what is an audio player? What is an audio file? After you find out what an audio file is, implement it. (My idea would be using my VFS to store the hertz and duration of each note in a compisition to a file) Then you would have to create a basic audio player. (I would most likley use a method that would interpet the hertz and duration from the file and use Console.Beep() to play your tone) I don't have any code to show you at the moment, but I can run some up in a few hours if you like.

Jun 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM
ok thanks

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:29 PM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I guess first you should ask yourself what is an audio player? What is an audio file? After you find out what an audio file is, implement it. (My idea would be using my VFS to store the hertz and duration of each note in a compisition to a file) Then you would have to create a basic audio player. (I would most likley use a method that would interpet the hertz and duration from the file and use Console.Beep() to play your tone) I don't have any code to show you at the moment, but I can run some up in a few hours if you like.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
---------------------------
Jacksen Kline
Super Byte

Developer
Jun 26, 2011 at 5:18 AM

As a note, you can find the specs for quite a few different file formats here:
http://www.wotsit.org/list.asp?fc=12