Future Apple Has A Release? Please Read If Interested.

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hey guys, I want to recommend a operating system and project to you all: futureapple.codeplex.com  This Os has proven to be a epic operating system with windows. Yes windows, the first of its kind. If you go to that page and download the current release you will get to see a sneak peek of the operating system with our window system installed. 

NOTE: THIS OS DOES NOT RUN WELL ON VIRTUAL MACHINES, IT WAS BUILT TO BE RAN ON A REAL MACHINE. YOU MAY USB BOOT THIS OPERATING SYTEM BY FOLLOWING THE TUTORIAL IN THE RELEASE DESCRIPTION. THE MOUSE DOES NOT WORK WITH A MOUSE, THE REASON BEING IS BECAUSE OF A MOUSE IOPort ISSUE. BUT YOU MAY USE THE (W,S,A,D) Keys TO MOVE THE MOUSE AND THE ( F ) KEY TO CLICK. THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY,

<NEWS> Future Apple Osx 1.4 Is Comming soon. It will have the first ever application that you can use, a (Calculator). It will work and look some what like the Mac Osx One. Please enjoy, It will work with the window system as if you were actually running this application in Mac Osx Or Windows. Yours Truly - Matt 

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:10 PM
civilwarrock wrote:

Hey guys, I want to recommend a operating system and project to you all: futureapple.codeplex.com  This Os has proven to be a epic operating system with windows. Yes windows, the first of its kind. If you go to that page and download the current release you will get to see a sneak peek of the operating system with our window system installed. 

NOTE: THIS OS DOES NOT RUN WELL ON VIRTUAL MACHINES, IT WAS BUILT TO BE RAN ON A REAL MACHINE. YOU MAY USB BOOT THIS OPERATING SYTEM BY FOLLOWING THE TUTORIAL IN THE RELEASE DESCRIPTION. THE MOUSE DOES NOT WORK WITH A MOUSE, THE REASON BEING IS BECAUSE OF A MOUSE IOPort ISSUE. BUT YOU MAY USE THE (W,S,A,D) Keys TO MOVE THE MOUSE AND THE ( F ) KEY TO CLICK. THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY,

<NEWS> Future Apple Osx 1.4 Is Comming soon. It will have the first ever application that you can use, a (Calculator). It will work and look some what like the Mac Osx One. Please enjoy, It will work with the window system as if you were actually running this application in Mac Osx Or Windows. Yours Truly - Matt 

Your not the first to implement windows, your actually pretty late...an old project from 2009 called AEOS already had windows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FioSkP3dBGQ of course there is the dud3 project as well which was windows too...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmYATR5Drg, also both of their mouse drivers run on a physical system as well..

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I know that, I have seen their operating systems. In the video do you really think they have any good design or any real looks to it? Personally I don't, it reminds me of a really old operating system I used to know of, but anyway their windows dont work to well. This new system is better, faster. The last test I did I was able to run 30 applications in my os and it did not freaze. The reason for this is because the way I built. I'm not saying its the best. But from what I have heard everybody who uses my os enjoys it. They are constantly telling me it has great design and the windows are epic. Maybe thats normal. But to me I really like it. Anyway if you dont like you dont have to. Thanks - Matt

P.S. If you don't like it now, wait till you see the V 1.4 release, it will blow you away. 

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM

For the love of god why the hell does every one give Hack3rinc (The dud3 guy) credit for the window system in that video. I MADE IT! and gave him the code Click here to see the original

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:40 PM
civilwarrock wrote:

I know that, I have seen their operating systems. In the video do you really think they have any good design or any real looks to it? Personally I don't, it reminds me of a really old operating system I used to know of, but anyway their windows dont work to well. This new system is better, faster. The last test I did I was able to run 30 applications in my os and it did not freaze. The reason for this is because the way I built. I'm not saying its the best. But from what I have heard everybody who uses my os enjoys it. They are constantly telling me it has great design and the windows are epic. Maybe thats normal. But to me I really like it. Anyway if you dont like you dont have to. Thanks - Matt

P.S. If you don't like it now, wait till you see the V 1.4 release, it will blow you away. 

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your work, the design that you have made is good. But others have made windows before you thats all I was saying ;)

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Grunt wrote:

For the love of god why the hell does every one give Hack3rinc (The dud3 guy) credit for the window system in that video. I MADE IT! and gave him the code Click here to see the original

Oh....lmao, my bad! I just thought he coded it up himself, I didn't realize you were the one who orginally created it. All the same, its very well done.

Jul 1, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Edited Jul 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM
blackfireize wrote:
civilwarrock wrote:

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your work, the design that you have made is good. But others have made windows before you thats all I was saying ;)

Ok, Thank you. It will be better. I am trying to improve it in every way possible. Its ok if they did. I just made something newer (I think). Anyway Thanks - Matt

P.S. I wonder how they got both of their mouse drivers to work on a real system boot? 

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I'm not sure..here's the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2GKUAmh0LA its kinda all over the place, but you can see the mouse moving in a non-linear pattern.

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Interesting... I wonder what he used to make the mouse work. I have live booted every os so far except for his, and they all dont have a working mouse. It wonly works in a Virtual Machine. Only thing I can figure is its a IOPort problem. Because I use a Ps/2 mouse and It should work. But sadly it does not. I have them on three different pc's all ps/2 mouses and no mouse. It bugs me, I wish I could make mine and others work. Thanks - Matt

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Civilwarrock ,  if you honestly want your OS to get better and become a good coder you cant just keep asking questions. Yes you may get an answer but most of the time you just don't learn anything. Programming is a skill that you your self must learn. I had the code to make a GUI os right when I started using COSMOS but I didn't use it. One year later I developed a GUI by my self after learning the Ins and outs of C# and just programming in general. Now I don't even use cosmos. I am writing a OS in just x86 assembly and when it comes to asm I am a n00b and I admit it. But I am not going to learn it by asking "How do you this and how do you do that in asm" I will learn it by trial and error and that is the only way you will understand what you are doing. Sorry if I came of sort of rude but it is the truth. Learn out how computers work and maybe learn a little bit more about C#. Then come back to COSMOS and just mess around with some of the classes in the Cosmos.Hardware namespace. It is not impossible I am 13 too and I have been programming for 3.5 years.

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM

What are you have trouble with on x86 asm? I'm pretty good at asm and I could help you out if you like.

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Grunt wrote:

Civilwarrock ,  if you honestly want your OS to get better and become a good coder you cant just keep asking questions. Yes you may get an answer but most of the time you just don't learn anything. Programming is a skill that you your self must learn. I had the code to make a GUI os right when I started using COSMOS but I didn't use it. One year later I developed a GUI by my self after learning the Ins and outs of C# and just programming in general. Now I don't even use cosmos. I am writing a OS in just x86 assembly and when it comes to asm I am a n00b and I admit it. But I am not going to learn it by asking "How do you this and how do you do that in asm" I will learn it by trial and error and that is the only way you will understand what you are doing. Sorry if I came of sort of rude but it is the truth. Learn out how computers work and maybe learn a little bit more about C#. Then come back to COSMOS and just mess around with some of the classes in the Cosmos.Hardware namespace. It is not impossible I am 13 too and I have been programming for 3.5 years.

No what you said Grunt was not rude. I understand, I do need to learn C# a little more, but I am learning more about it everyday. But however my GUI was wrote from scratch by me. I know some people gave me some code to make one, but I did not use it. Rather I built my own. But I hear what your saying and I do agree. Now ASM, I could never get a proper bootloader and kernel so I never really took off in it. Thanks - Yours Truly - Matt

Jul 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I guess you have to ask yourself, do you want to use someone else's project as a startup like COSMOS or make your own. I am a firm believer in making your own, if you need help setting up the ASM just let me know, I'd be more than glad to help. (As a side note: If you decide to make a 16-bit real mode ASM OS, you can use the BIOS for VGA programming, you can get and set pixels just like in COSMOS).

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Hi blackfireize,

Can you please help me get started in making an asm os ?

My email is jacksen.kline@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I am trying to find out how to set up a stack so I can use C and parameters

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Okay, thats pretty easy. First of all, did you use a custom made bootloader (You made yourself) or are you using one like GRUB (I HIGHLY recommed GRUB)?

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM
superbyte wrote:

Hi blackfireize,

Sure, I'd be glad to. I'll contact you via email, that way I can get you setup properly, BTW it would be easier If I could use Team Viewer on your PC, would you be okay with that?

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM
blackfireize wrote:
superbyte wrote:

Hi blackfireize,

Sure, I'd be glad to. I'll contact you via email, that way I can get you setup properly, BTW it would be easier If I could use Team Viewer on your PC, would you be okay with that?

For the heck of it. Would you not mind helping me get set up too? Like what to use and stuff, like the bootloader the kernel. Compiling it into a Iso so I can run it. Thanks - Matt

P.S. Email: civilwarrock@yahoo.com

Jul 3, 2011 at 11:36 PM
civilwarrock wrote:
blackfireize wrote:
superbyte wrote:

Hi blackfireize,

For the heck of it. Would you not mind helping me get set up too? Like what to use and stuff, like the bootloader the kernel. Compiling it into a Iso so I can run it. Thanks - Matt

P.S. Email: civilwarrock@yahoo.com

Quick question, do you have any experience with ASM?

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Yes some. I could never test any of what I wrote because I did not have the proper compiler or bootloader. Anyway Thanks - Matt

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Use the NASM assembler , it is free.  For testing purposes or learning just assemble your  application into a .com file

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I used it once. But is their any tutorials on it? And how do I compile my Asm code into a .Iso? And what about a bootloader how do I implement that into my code? Thanks - Matt

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM
civilwarrock wrote:

I used it once. But is their any tutorials on it? And how do I compile my Asm code into a .Iso? And what about a bootloader how do I implement that into my code? Thanks - Matt

A bootloader is simply the code in the first sector of a bootable medium. Its 512 bytes in size, so you would have to understand a filesystem in order to have anything larger. A very simple bootloader is the following:

BITS 16
ORG 7C00h

Write your bootloader here ;)

TIMES 510 - ($ - $$) DB 0
DW 0AA55h

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:32 AM
blackfireize wrote:

Okay, thats pretty easy. First of all, did you use a custom made bootloader (You made yourself) or are you using one like GRUB (I HIGHLY recommed GRUB)?

I am using GRUB , I know how to push and pop data from registers but how would I push a string of characters (Not a constant). 

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Grunt wrote:
blackfireize wrote:

I am using GRUB , I know how to push and pop data from registers but how would I push a string of characters (Not a constant). 

The notation of constants in ASM is an ugly topic, in a nutshell: All data in ASM is constant (to some degree) you can not increase the information of a peice of data after it has been created, but you can change the values from within a range, for example:

buffer times 100 db 0

You can change any of the 100 bytes in "buffer" but you can never increase of decrease its size (meaning its always 100 bytes) Now, you can push "buffer" to the stack and then inside a C function use it as a paramater (Very dangerous). A better thing to do, would be to move the "buffer" to a register and then push it (fixed sizes and no overflow = good times) example:

extern kmain

anotherbuffer times 100 db 0
xor eax, eax
mov eax, anotherbuffer
push eax

call kmain
cli
hlt

int kmain (void* data)
{
      // Do what you want here
}
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM
You first have to set the stack before you can use it..

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:04 PM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Grunt wrote:
blackfireize wrote:

The notation of constants in ASM is an ugly topic, in a nutshell: All data in ASM is constant (to some degree) you can not increase the information of a peice of data after it has been created, but you can change the values from within a range, for example:

buffer times 100 db 0

You can change any of the 100 bytes in "buffer" but you can never increase of decrease its size (meaning its always 100 bytes) Now, you can push "buffer" to the stack and then inside a C function use it as a paramater (Very dangerous). A better thing to do, would be to move the "buffer" to a register and then push it (fixed sizes and no overflow = good times) example:

extern kmain

anotherbuffer times 100 db 0
xor eax, eax
mov eax, anotherbuffer
push eax

call kmain
cli
hlt

int kmain (void* data)
{
      // Do what you want here
}

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I had assumed the stack had already been set, if not, its rather simple (With GRUB):

mov esp, stack + 0x4000 ; 16k Stack

SECTION .bss
ALIGN 4
stack:
   resb 0x4000
Jul 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

My thread has been highjacked. Lol. I dont mind. Yours Truly - Matt

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

My thread has been highjacked. Lol. I dont mind. Yours Truly - Matt