Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and DevKit

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Hi all,

i have tried building the devkit using Install.bat. i have all the prerequisites, but it isn't working. i'm thinking the problem might be that i have sp1 of vs2010 and the vs sdk. Can someone please confirm whether or not the latest dev kit installs with sp1 of these packages, and if not, when a new release supporting these tools might be available

Cheers 

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM
"it isn't working" -> what happens?

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM, angrywasp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi all,

i have tried building the devkit using Install.bat. i have all the prerequisites, but it isn't working. i'm thinking the problem might be that i have sp1 of vs2010 and the vs sdk. Can someone please confirm whether or not the latest dev kit installs with sp1 of these packages, and if not, when a new release supporting these tools might be available

Cheers

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM

ok. so after i download the latest dev kit from svn, i try running Install.bat as admin. it says "Build succeeded" followed by 37 warnings. when it tries to open visual studio at the end of the build. i get a bunch of messages about the .cosmos extension not being supported. So i close it all down and run Install.bat again. this time no warnings, but vs is telling me the same thing.

one of the last lines in the Install.bat output is

"Unknown option: /dBuildConfiguration=DevKit"

if that helps

thanks for the response

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Do you have the Innosetup QuickStart pack installed?

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:33 AM, angrywasp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

ok. so after i download the latest dev kit from svn, i try running Install.bat as admin. it says "Build succeeded" followed by 37 warnings. when it tries to open visual studio at the end of the build. i get a bunch of messages about the .cosmos extension not being supported. So i close it all down and run Install.bat again. this time no warnings, but vs is telling me the same thing.

thanks for the response

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

yes, add/remove programs lists it as
Inno Setup QuickStart Pack version 5.4.2 

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM
try to run the install.bat as admin.

do you have any other text shown in the install.bat run (after msbuild's warnings)?

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:37 AM, angrywasp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

yes, add/remove programs lists it as
Inno Setup QuickStart Pack version 5.4.2

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM

i have tried running as admin each time. after the warnings (or lack of warnings on subsequent runs) i just get a few messages about copying some zip files, then i get

Creating setup.exe
Inno Setup 5 Command-Line Compiler

Unknown option: /dBuildConfiguration=Devkit
Running setup.exe
The system cannot find the path specified
Install Completed
Launching Visual Studio 2010
You can close this window now

Thanks for the continued support

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM
lack of warnings on subsequent runs is an msbuild thing, we dont do anything for that.....

you dont have the QuickStart pack installed (correctly). you need the preprocessor.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM, angrywasp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

i have tried running as admin each time. after the warnings (or lack of warnings on subsequent runs) i just get a few messages about copying some zip files, then i get

Creating setup.exe
Inno Setup 5 Command-Line Compiler

Unknown option: /dBuildConfiguration=Devkit
Running setup.exe
The system cannot find the path specified
Install Completed
Launching Visual Studio 2010
You can close this window now

Thanks for the continued support

Sep 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM

ok, can you please elaborate on what this preprocessor is and where to get it. i downloaded the latest quickstart pack, and i have not seen any documentation that has told me i need to do anything more

Cheers 

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php

look for QuickStart pack and install it completely (encryption modules are not necessary)

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:06 PM, angrywasp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

ok, can you please elaborate on what this preprocessor is and where to get it. i downloaded the latest quickstart pack, and i have not seen any documentation that has told me i need to do anything more

Cheers

Sep 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Cool, thanks. works great now. after some digging i found this piece of info mentioned in the cosmos docs. however i followed the instructions here
http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Building%20Dev%20Kit&referringTitle=Home
which make no mention of it. perhaps that page needs to be updated

Thanks again 

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM
if you just use dfaultsd, it should install correctly

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM, angrywasp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Cool, thanks. works great now. after some digging i found this piece of info mentioned in the cosmos docs. however i followed the instructions here
http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Building%20Dev%20Kit&referringTitle=Home
which make no mention of it. perhaps that page needs to be updated

Thanks again