This project is read-only.

Plugs

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Hey Guys.

After some testing, I've realized my Random Class plug doesn't work. 

Is there any way to have variables for the plug class? Random doesn't expose any variables. Could I have a variable for each instance?

Thanks Again,

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM
you can use plugfields for that..

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey Guys.

After some testing, I've realized my Random Class plug doesn't work.

Is there any way to have variables for the plug class? Random doesn't expose any variables. Could I have a variable for each instance?

Thanks Again,

CMan332

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Sorry to bother you, but how do I do that?

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM
on your plug class, put a PlugFieldAttribute with a unique name, and a given type, then to access it, add a parameter to your plugmethod, and mark it with the FieldAccessAttribute, specifying the same name. oh, and the parameter need to be a ref one

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:29 AM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sorry to bother you, but how do I do that?

CMan332

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM

So like this?

[Plug(Target = typeof(Random))]
    [PlugField(FieldId = "SeedArray", FieldType = typeof(int[]), IsExternalValue = true)]
    [PlugField(FieldId = "inext", FieldType = typeof(int), IsExternalValue = true)]
    [PlugField(FieldId = "inextp", FieldType = typeof(int), IsExternalValue = true)]
    public class RandomImpl
    {
        public static void Ctor(Random aThis,
            [FieldAccess(Name = "SeedArray")] ref int[] SeedArray,
            [FieldAccess(Name = "inext")] ref int inext,
            [FieldAccess(Name = "inextp")]ref int inextp)
        {
	}
    }

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:48 AM
IsExternalValue should be false. it's mainly used to make fake fields, where the value of type int is actually a pointer to int. you dont need that..

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So like this?

[Plug(Target = typeof(Random))]
    [PlugField(FieldId = "SeedArray", FieldType = typeof(int[]), IsExternalValue = true)]
    [PlugField(FieldId = "inext", FieldType = typeof(int), IsExternalValue = true)]
    [PlugField(FieldId = "inextp", FieldType = typeof(int), IsExternalValue = true)]
    public class RandomImpl
    {
        public static void Ctor(Random aThis,
            [FieldAccess(Name = "SeedArray")] ref int[] SeedArray,
            [FieldAccess(Name = "inext")] ref int inext,
            [FieldAccess(Name = "inextp")]ref int inextp)
        {
	}
    }

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Thanks! Now i can get it to work

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:29 AM

One other thing. I have the near exact source from the mono implementation except for fields. Is math in Cosmos completely implemented? Like converting doubles to uints and the like. Because I have very different results than I do on mono.

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM
implemented: probably
bugfree: most likely not

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

One other thing. I have the near exact source from the mono implementation except for fields. Is math in Cosmos completely implemented? Like converting doubles to uints and the like. Because I have very different results than I do on mono.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I don't think it is implemented properly. I always get 0.0 from my results. Its mono code and it has worked for me before.

Well, I don't think I could fix it. I don't know ASM at all. Thanks for all your help anyway. Thanks!

Hope you answer my request to join.

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM
did you test the plugs without the plug structure? (both in windows as in cosmos?)

regarding join request: sent you a message regaridng that..

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I don't think it is implemented properly. I always get 0.0 from my results. Its mono code and it has worked for me before.

Well, I don't think I could fix it. I don't know ASM at all. Thanks for all your help anyway. Thanks!

Hope you answer my request to join.

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Oh. Didn't check my e-mails Ha ha.

No, I haven't tried it without the plug structure. I will do that, probably one of my silly coding errors.

I don't really want to do the yahoo thing, too many details. I go on the IRC sometimes, but time zones mean I can't.

EDIT: How do you use the webchat?

Anyway, Thanks for your help.

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM
yahoo doesn't have any details: you just signup to the email lkist, and you get emailed each message sent to the list

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Oh. Didn't check my e-mails Ha ha.

No, I haven't tried it without the plug structure. I will do that, probably one of my silly coding errors.

I don't really want to do the yahoo thing, too many details. I go on the IRC sometimes, but time zones mean I can't.

Anyway, Thanks for your help.

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I sent an email saying subscribe please. I'm not sure if that will work. I hope it does

EDIT: It worked. Yay!

CMan332

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Currently a large number of conversions between various core types don't work correctly. I have a chart detailing which ones work here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHRlqmQo-QGXdfAVPfxmIlh0bVBzXpxI_ug7FvrqaVg/edit?hl=en_US

When we get more working i'll update it. My StructTestKernel (SecondaryKernel.cs) is what i was using to determine what works and what doesn't.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:58 PM
are you also working on fixing them? :)

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Currently a large number of conversions between various core types don't work correctly. I have a chart detailing which ones work here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHRlqmQo-QGXdfAVPfxmIlh0bVBzXpxI_ug7FvrqaVg/edit?hl=en_US

When we get more working i'll update it. My StructTestKernel is what i was using to determine what works and what doesn't.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM

That makes sense then. It was the casts that was the problem. I'll just have to wait then