Linux

Developer
Oct 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I understand that for Cosmos to work on Linux mono must be implemented, but once it is, wouldn't it be as simple as running the C# compiler and then the Cosmos tools?  If I had info regarding a process to follow for a builder, I would give it a shot and try to make something, at least.  Or is it not even in the plans to support Linux?  Or am I missing something?

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 7:40 AM
It's planned to support linux, but it takes:

1. Make the compiler run on mono
  2. Make our msbuild infrastructure be able to do crosscompiling (when we move to mono, we want windows users to use mono as well)
  3. basically remove all plugs and see what's necessary to plug

All three are quite hard to implement, especially when combined with our debugstub..

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:16 AM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I understand that for Cosmos to work on Linux mono must be implemented, but once it is, wouldn't it be as simple as running the C# compiler and then the Cosmos tools? If I had info regarding a process to follow for a builder, I would give it a shot and try to make something, at least. Or is it not even in the plans to support Linux? Or am I missing something?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2011 at 12:38 AM
> 1. Make the compiler run on mono
> 2. Make our msbuild infrastructure be able to do crosscompiling (when
> we move to mono, we want windows users to use mono as well)
> 3. basically remove all plugs and see what's necessary to plug

We did support mono in the past. But we have limited resources. So for
the same reason we dont support VS 2008 and 2010, we simplified to
better use our limited resources.