Help Me

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Question this operating system can interact with the processor and memory as Linux and Windows

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 12:17 AM
> Question this operating system can interact with the processor and
> memory as Linux andWindows

Yes.
Oct 12, 2011 at 4:40 AM

COSMOS was developed in Visual Studio or MonoDevelop?

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM
> COSMOS was developed in Visual Studio or MonoDevelop?

VS
Oct 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Kuzdu other question...

How can load this project in VS? I try but show me any errors

And why u use mono.cecil? How can Mono.Cecil help the project? Why mono.cecil and why not an assembly of MS?

thanks Bro

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 4:02 PM
As far as I know, we don't use cecil anymore..


On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

Kuzdu other question...

How can load this project in VS? I try but show me any errors

And why u use mono.cecil? How can Mono.Cecil help the project? Why mono.cecil and why not an assembly of MS?

thanks Bro

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Oct 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

MMM But I downloaded the source code and see Mono.Cecil as assembly, or you have not updated your sources?

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM
we probably didn't remove the cecil file.



On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

MMM But I downloaded the source code and see Mono.Cecil as assembly, or you have not updated your sources?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Developer
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM

We do use Mono.Cecil, it's used in the plug scanner to read the actual IL-OP codes in the methods. System.Reflection doesn't allow us to do that, as it only allows us to access an array of bytes which contain the data of the method. Plus, Mono.Cecil is fully stand-alone, and will in the end, run within Cosmos.

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Thank you all for your responses

Cosmos vs Sharp?
What advantages, disadvantages
The problem is that none of the 2 runs in Visual Studio

I want to create an OS for smartphones but they told me to use java, c / c + +
because. Net is too limited to interact with hardware as processor, memory, etc, etc

Can u help me with this doubts

Thank u again for ur help

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Orvid, not the case:
We use our ILReader class for reading the IL codes.

Seems we're using cecil for symbol reading, but who made this? we used some ms library for that, which would be faster, as we now read assemblies into memory twice..


On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:58 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

Thank you all for your responses

Cosmos vs Sharp?
What advantages, disadvantages
The problem is that none of the 2 runs in Visual Studio

I want to create an OS for smartphones but they told me to use java, c / c + +
because. Net is too limited to interact with hardware as processor, memory, etc, etc

Can u help me with this doubts

Thank u again for ur help

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Coordinator
Oct 13, 2011 at 8:23 AM
ndavila:

Cosmos uses Visua Studio heavily: we have a working debugger, and working on an assemblyu-level debugger (mainly used for compiler developers..)

all our hardware interaction code is written in c#, although we have some compiler extensions for that.

.NET is comparable to java in this regarding, there's no way to (directly) use hardware in java, unless you do some additional tricks with some compiler (like what we do)


On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:58 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

Thank you all for your responses

Cosmos vs Sharp?
What advantages, disadvantages
The problem is that none of the 2 runs in Visual Studio

I want to create an OS for smartphones but they told me to use java, c / c + +
because. Net is too limited to interact with hardware as processor, memory, etc, etc

Can u help me with this doubts

Thank u again for ur help

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Oct 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Mmmm If what you say is true, then Cosmos is Hybrid?

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Hybrid in what way?



On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:22 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

Mmmm If what you say is true, then Cosmos is Hybrid?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Oct 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Mmm So it depends on other tools because the c # does not do everything with reference to interfacing with the hardware

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 4:39 PM
We made a compiler, which compiles .NET assemblies to native code (currently only i386). This compiler has some tricks, which allow us to replace methods with hand-crafted assembler, but this is kept down to a minimum..


On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:37 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

Mmm So it depends on other tools because the c # does not do everything with reference to interfacing with the hardware

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Oct 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Well what I really interests me is being able to run my OS on a smartphone


But you have a question, why do so many questions?
Well it's because I want to build on Cosmos ...

That's why I also asked them to advantages Cosmos vs Sharp

regards

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 4:48 PM
At some point we will be targetting ARM (most common smartphone architecture) as well, but we're low on resources...

Our compiler and kernel do have cross-platform in mind though..

When you say "Sharp", what do you mean? SharpOS?


On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:46 PM, ndavila <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: ndavila

Well what I really interests me is being able to run my OS on a smartphone


But you have a question, why do so many questions?
Well it's because I want to build on Cosmos ...

That's why I also asked them to advantages Cosmos vs Sharp

regards

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Oct 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Yes SharpOS