Is your RSS feed still up?

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Hi all,

I know that you guys are working very hard, and I have been subscribed to your older RSS feed for a long time now and I've not seen anything come in since 2010.  Are you guys still running that one?  Or do I need to exchange it for another one?  Thanks.  Keep up the good work, and I can't wait till my coding skills get better so that I can also get a piece of this as well.  (I'll probably focus on accessibility for blind users). 

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 1:08 AM
> I know that you guys are working very hard, and I have been subscribed
> to your older RSS feed for a long time now and I've not seen anything
> come in since 2010. Are you guys still running that one? Or do I need to
> exchange it for another one? Thanks. Keep up the good work, and I can't
> wait till my coding skills get better so that I can also get a piece of
> this as well. (I'll probably focus on accessibility for blind users).

No we are not currently using it. Facebook and the yahoo mail group are
probably the best feeds currently.
Oct 25, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Thanks. I’ll subscribe there too. I didn’t do the Yahoo group only because I figured that you do not allow the weaker coders in.

From: kudzu [email removed]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 9:09 PM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Is your RSS feed still up? [Cosmos:277061]

From: kudzu

> I know that you guys are working very hard, and I have been subscribed
> to your older RSS feed for a long time now and I've not seen anything
> come in since 2010. Are you guys still running that one? Or do I need to
> exchange it for another one? Thanks. Keep up the good work, and I can't
> wait till my coding skills get better so that I can also get a piece of
> this as well. (I'll probably focus on accessibility for blind users).

No we are not currently using it. Facebook and the yahoo mail group are
probably the best feeds currently.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 2:46 AM
> Thanks. I’ll subscribe there too. I didn’t do the Yahoo group only
> because I figured that you do not allow the weaker coders in.

Anyone is welcome on the yahoo group. Its the SVN write access that we
restrict.
Oct 25, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Oh. So the reasoning for it does not reflect one’s ability to code or not? That’s good.

From: kudzu [email removed]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 10:47 PM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Is your RSS feed still up? [Cosmos:277061]

From: kudzu

> Thanks. I’ll subscribe there too. I didn’t do the Yahoo group only
> because I figured that you do not allow the weaker coders in.

Anyone is welcome on the yahoo group. Its the SVN write access that we
restrict.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:07 AM
> Oh. So the reasoning for it does not reflect one’s ability to code or
> not? That’s good.

The mail list doesn't allow one to commit code, so the mail list is open.
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:09 AM

So is the reason that is given more for spam prevention than anything else?

From: kudzu [email removed]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:08 PM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Is your RSS feed still up? [Cosmos:277061]

From: kudzu

> Oh. So the reasoning for it does not reflect one’s ability to code or
> not? That’s good.

The mail list doesn't allow one to commit code, so the mail list is open.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:12 AM
> So is the reason that is given more for spam prevention than anything else?

Yes, exactly.
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:19 AM

That makes sense. And believe me, for I know what it is like having uncontrollable spam. I get it on my web site all the time, and mind you, my site has little to no SEO, so I don’t know what that’s about.

From: kudzu [email removed]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:13 PM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Is your RSS feed still up? [Cosmos:277061]

From: kudzu

> So is the reason that is given more for spam prevention than anything else?

Yes, exactly.