Where are error classes Located?

Developer
Nov 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Sorry if the title is misleading.  What classes exactly contain the code that write errors and stops the system?  Like for a buffer overflow, etc?  I would like to replace it in my os with a blue screen copy. (there is purpose other than just to make fun of MS (not that I hate MS, but come on! A stop error at a Windows 95 demo?  lulz))

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM
It's in the Interrupts.cs file iirc.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:16 AM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sorry if the title is misleading. What classes exactly contain the code that write errors and stops the system? Like for a buffer overflow, etc? I would like to replace it in my os with a blue screen copy. (there is purpose other than just to make fun of MS (not that I hate MS, but come on! A stop error at a Windows 95 demo? lulz))

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Nov 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM

And it would seem, that I can't use the Console class in the core os classes like this (console.write, etc)?  Because it seems that way to me.

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2011 at 11:28 PM
> And it would seem, that I can't use the Console class in the core os
> classes like this (console.write, etc)? Because it seems that way to me.

In some deep classes Console is not available.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM
josh: please be more specific than "it doesn't work". Console should mostly be working...

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:28 AM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> And it would seem, that I can't use the Console class in the core os
> classes like this (console.write, etc)? Because it seems that way to me.

In some deep classes Console is not available.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Nov 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Edited Nov 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Nevermind, I got it.  Had to divide by zero to find out if it worked though.  Never divide by zero.  It doesn't turn our good.  But, is there a way to extract the error that caused the system crash?  Like a divide by zero, or buffer overflow?