This project is read-only.

Slow Graphics

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I have noticed that in the current release of the source code, the graphics code is extremely slow.  If there a reason for this?

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Due to what our compiler emits, the current binary code is slow. Besides that, there's no lowlevel access patterns used by the graphics cde. This is due to lack of features of the compiler. All of these issues are due to a lack of resources (manpower)......

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:30 AM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have noticed that in the current release of the source code, the graphics code is extremely slow. If there a reason for this?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM

The reason the current VGAScreen code is slow, is because it uses delegates for the get/set pixel methods.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Is it possible to switch it to not use delegates?  And if so, what code would I use? 

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:50 AM
Best way to speed things up, is to help out on curent compiler issues, so we can get next release out. After next release, one of the major work items is graphics. Doing the graphics then is better than to do it now......

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is it possible to switch it to not use delegates? And if so, what code would I use?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM

K, then what are the issues? Are they on the work list in Google docs?

On Dec 29, 2011 12:50 AM, "mterwoord" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Best way to speed things up, is to help out on curent compiler issues, so we can get next release out. After next release, one of the major work items is graphics. Doing the graphics then is better than to do it now......

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is it possible to switch it to not use delegates? And if so, what code would I use?

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Not sure.. :)
I think you'd best to start running (and playing) with Chad's playground. just ask on the mailinglist..

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Oh OK then, to victory!

On Dec 29, 2011 5:17 AM, "mterwoord" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Not sure.. :)
I think you'd best to start running (and playing) with Chad's playground. just ask on the mailinglist..

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:55 PM
> K, then what are the issues? Are they on the work list in Google docs?

I dont even remember where I logged them... i will dig around... but i
can tell you the first step is to finish making asm stepping work in the
debugger... without that its likely you cant fix the bugs...