Why do I get this error when building?

Developer
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Every time I try building the OS, the builder gives me this error:

System.Exception: Plug needed. System.Boolean System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Equals(System.Object, System.Object)
    at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanMethod(MethodBase aMethod, Boolean aIsPlug)
    at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue()
    at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod)
    at Cosmos.Compiler.Builder.Builder.RunEngine(Object aParam)

Could you please tell me what this is about?

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2011 at 6:51 AM
It means the compiler encounters a method which is not implemented by full .net code (ie, it's a p/invoke or an icall).
The particular method you use which caused the error might be some other method. Most common causes: .ToString call which is not plugged correctly yet.
Best to have a look at the Assembler.html file in your output folder, it is the scanlog.
On a side note: please join our mailinglist (cosmos-dev, hosted at yahoogroups) to start the join process. After joining that mailinglist, send a message introducing yourself a bit (relevant experiences in development, interests, bit of indication of amount of time able to spend. also highlight area's you'd be interested to work on)...

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:09 AM, scifiboi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

System.Exception: Plug needed. System.Boolean System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Equals(System.Object, System.Object)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Dec 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM

What were you trying to do?

On Dec 20, 2011 11:09 PM, "scifiboi" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM

hey, i got this error in vs 2010 express wit the newest version and im usin default code... any ideaz?

Developer
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM

My idea is use readable spelling

On Dec 25, 2011 4:13 PM, "sci4me" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hey, i got this error in vs 2010 express wit the newest version and im usin default code... any ideaz?

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Sorry, i'm a bit lazy. :P Anyway, basically, i'm using the default code in program.cs and it still gives me the error. I don't understand it. :(

Developer
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:29 PM

its just the default template right? No other code?

On Dec 25, 2011 4:27 PM, "sci4me" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sorry, i'm a bit lazy. :P Anyway, basically, i'm using the default code in program.cs and it still gives me the error. I don't understand it. :(

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Default code from the new project template? Please create a new project and try again.

Did you have a previous (very old) cosmos release installed?

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

its just the default template right? No other code?

On Dec 25, 2011 4:27 PM, "sci4me" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: