This project is read-only.

Cosmos Build Error.

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Hi, I just started with Cosmos, I have coded a basic Operating System.

Now when I go to build I use the following settings:

Target:

VMWare

.Net Framework:

Microsoft

Cosmos Debugger::

Source level:

None

T. Assemblies:

All

Debug Com. Mode:

None

VMWare:

Workstation

Misc:

DEFAULT SETTINGS

 

Cosmos version: Milestone 4 VS 2010

Error Message:

System.Exception: Plug needed. System.Boolean  System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Equals(System.Object, System.Object)

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanMethod(MethodBase aMethod, Boolean aIsPlug)

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue()

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod)

at Cosmos.Compiler.Builder.Builder.RunEngine(Object aParam)

 

If you could help I would really appreciate it, If you need further information just ask. Thanks, ~Jack.

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM
you're using .Equals somewhere, (or == operator) for some type. We dont support that one yet.,..

ALso, best to upgrade to some newer version...


On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Jackojc <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Jackojc

Hi, I just started with Cosmos, I have coded a basic Operating System.

Now when I go to build I use the following settings:

Target:

VMWare

.Net Framework:

Microsoft

Cosmos Debugger::

Source level:

None

T. Assemblies:

All

Debug Com. Mode:

None

VMWare:

Workstation

Misc:

DEFAULT SETTINGS

Cosmos version: Milestone 4 VS 2010

Error Message:

System.Exception: Plug needed. System.Boolean System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Equals(System.Object, System.Object)

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanMethod(MethodBase aMethod, Boolean aIsPlug)

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue()

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod)

at Cosmos.Compiler.Builder.Builder.RunEngine(Object aParam)

If you could help I would really appreciate it, If you need further information just ask. Thanks, ~Jack.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Dec 31, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Thanks very much, i was using that, like this:

if (Command == "help")

{

Console.WriteLine("Whatever here")

}

 

Is that what you mean?

should i use it like this?:

if (Command.ToLower() == "help")               

{                   

Console.WriteLine("whatever here");               

}     

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:24 PM
doesn't change the == usage ..

Try using explicit String.Equals


On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Jackojc <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Jackojc

Thanks very much, i was using that, like this:

if (Command == "help")

{

Console.WriteLine("Whatever here")

}

Is that what you mean?

should i use it like this?:

if (Command.ToLower() == "help")

{

Console.WriteLine("whatever here");

}

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Dec 31, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Thanks very much! :D

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Just tested it with the .Equals, It doesnt work, same error :/

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Ive seen a tutorial for cosmos milestone 4 and it works with ==

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM
> Ive seen a tutorial for cosmos milestone 4 and it works with ==

It depends on the values because == in C# translates to an equality
operator which varies depending on the targets.
Dec 31, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Basically I'm saying If the entered command == a value then show whatever, any idea?

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Could you at least tell me the commands for the new version, milestone 5?

If i can get it working

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM
> Could you at least tell me the commands for the new version, milestone 5?

Cosmos doesnt have commands. Its a toolkit for building OSes, just like
VS normally is for building applications.
Dec 31, 2011 at 9:32 PM

i mean classes

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM
> i mean classes

Its the same as .net, but we dont have support for everything yet. So
you just have to experiment. When you get a plug error, its not
supported yet.
Dec 31, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Okay i'm using 67934, ERROR, ERROR, ERROR. Now it says:

 A project with an output type of class library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. set the executable project as the startup project.

what the hell do i do? please...just tell me...

I'm really fed up, i just want to make a simple os but these errors, god.

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM
There are plenty of messages saying that for MS5 (and onwards) you need to convert your project.
Go to File, New Project, and starta new cosmos project. Then you can port your old code and it should work...


On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Jackojc <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Jackojc

Okay i'm using 67934, ERROR, ERROR, ERROR. Now it says:

A project with an output type of class library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. set the executable project as the startup project.

what the hell do i do? please...just tell me...

I'm really fed up, i just want to make a simple os but these errors, god.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jan 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Got it working but BuildUI is not recognized whats the new class? also restart, shutdown, boot

sorry for all the questions just confused with the new version

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:45 AM
You dont need to port the BuildUI-method doesn't need ported, the Init method does.

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Jackojc <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Jackojc

Got it working but BuildUI is not recognized whats the new class? also restart, shutdown, boot

sorry for all the questions just confused with the new version

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com