What shall I work on?

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Well guys, I would like to help work on something for you guys, but what can I work on? I would like to work on the VGAScreen and maybe get high resolutions working. Or whatever you guys need the most. Let me know. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

ASM DEBUGGER

On Jan 1, 2012 7:46 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Well guys, I would like to help work on something for you guys, but what can I work on? I would like to work on the VGAScreen and maybe get high resolutions working. Or whatever you guys need the most. Let me know. Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:12 AM
joshbeitler wrote:

ASM DEBUGGER

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

ASM Debugger? Hmm where is it in the source code and is there any reference on it or info? Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 2, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Actually, idk where it is...

On Jan 1, 2012 8:13 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

ASM DEBUGGER

ASM Debugger? Hmm where is it in the source code and is there any reference on it or info? Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Part is in DebugStub and parts in the VSDebugger project..

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:00 AM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Actually, idk where it is...

On Jan 1, 2012 8:13 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

ASM DEBUGGER

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM
> ASM Debugger? Hmm where is it in the source code and is there any
> reference on it or info? Thanks - Matt

Id love to have help here, and I dont mean this in a demeaning way but
this task is way above your current capability level. It requires deep
knowledge of CPU internals and ASM.
Developer
Jan 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Maybe audio or something?

On Jan 2, 2012 1:09 PM, "kudzu" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM
> Maybe audio or something?

Or docs? :)
Developer
Jan 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM

You better start learning :D

http://www.freshtings.com/tutorials.html

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:36 PM
kudzu wrote:

You guys are funny. I know its way above my head. But recently I was hired to find out how to do something that had no documentation and code for it. Well it took me three months, but I know how to do it =D. I will research and fill my mind with lots of OS info, and I will get higher resolutions working in the VGAScreen. After that ill be up for more work, so you guys can assign me to whatever you would like. Personally I like working on all of it. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 3, 2012 at 9:37 PM

and then you can do audio, asm debugger and docs?

On Jan 3, 2012 2:36 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

kudzu wrote:

You guys are funny. I know its way above my head. But recently I was hired to find out how to do something that had no documentation and code for it. Well it took me three months, but I know how to do it =D. I will research and fill my mind with lots of OS info, and I will get higher resolutions working in the VGAScreen. After that ill be up for more work, so you guys can assign me to whatever you would like. Personally I like working on all of it. Thanks - Matt

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM
joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Well if everybody wants I can work on audio at the same time I work on the VGAScreen, athough the VGAScreen in my opinon is more important. Docs, well if you guys want that I can do that as well. Oh and can someone please mark me as a developer? Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM

No way! 3 things at once?!!!

On Jan 3, 2012 3:28 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Well if everybody wants I can work on audio at the same time I work on the VGAScreen, athough the VGAScreen in my opinon is more important. Docs, well if you guys want that I can do that as well. Oh and can someone please mark me as a developer? Thanks - Matt

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM
joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Well I am known for multitasking. But usually I put about the same effort to each task. In fact right now I have a job, Im writting a OS, working on the VGAScreen and doing homeowork. So a few more things wouldn't hurt much. Lol Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

OK then, you can do my laundry, my homework and feed my pet GLaDOS.

On Jan 3, 2012 3:40 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Well I am known for multitasking. But usually I put about the same effort to each task. In fact right now I have a job, Im writting a OS, working on the VGAScreen and doing homeowork. So a few more things wouldn't hurt much. Lol Thanks - Matt

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM
joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Lol, nice I have a pet hedge hog and A Cockatoo. Lol Well lets see here.... what grade are you in. Lol Jk, =D

Developer
Jan 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you. (*whisper* 8 *whisper*)

On Jan 3, 2012 4:51 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Lol, nice I have a pet hedge hog and A Cockatoo. Lol Well lets see here.... what grade are you in. Lol Jk, =D

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM
joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Very funny, really 8th huh, yeah me too. Fun stuff. Now back onto topic before a cordinator bans us. Lol Jk, =D

Developer
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Topic, yes. Go learn ASM.

On Jan 3, 2012 6:06 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

kudzu wrote:

Very funny, really 8th huh, yeah me too. Fun stuff. Now back onto topic before a cordinator bans us. Lol Jk, =D

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:48 AM
kudzu wrote:

I'm a little more seasoned with ASM, what are you looking for in terms of its capabilities? I *might* be able to help.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM
> I'm a little more seasoned with ASM, what are you looking for in terms
> of its capabilities? I *might* be able to help.

Please. :)

Ping us on IRC...