This project is read-only.

VGAScreen I would like to work on it.

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I am wanting to work on the VGAScreen and try to make it faster and implement other resolutions. Is there any documentation that can get me started? Thanks - Matt

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Before joining development, join the mailinglist and discuss over there, so you can discuss with other developers. This forum/list is a users-group..

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am wanting to work on the VGAScreen and try to make it faster and implement other resolutions. Is there any documentation that can get me started? Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I think you could use a look at orvids stuff, the VGA code its self, and maybe on some site with docs, like osdev.net or bonefide

On Jan 2, 2012 1:36 AM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I actually need to change my driver model around a bit, in order to allow for drawing acceleration via graphics cards. Only thing with that is that it would mean that the Orvid.Graphics assembly wouldn't be able to be standalone (independent of the Cosmos project, thus the Orvid.Graphics.Cosmos assembly) anymore.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Does it *have* to standalone? Let the kid do his gfx stuff...

On Jan 2, 2012 10:49 AM, "blah38621" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I actually need to change my driver model around a bit, in order to allow for drawing acceleration via graphics cards. Only thing with that is that it would mean that the Orvid.Graphics assembly wouldn't be able to be standalone (independent of the Cosmos project, thus the Orvid.Graphics.Cosmos assembly) anymore.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I use Orvid.Graphics in other projects as well, so yes :P

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Oh, OK then.

On Jan 2, 2012 10:55 AM, "blah38621" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I use Orvid.Graphics in other projects as well, so yes :P

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I may add a different layer at some point though, because one of the projects I'm working on is a project similar to Cosmos, but taking a different approach. (It uses a Native Kernel (written in C99 C), and the rest will be C#. Currently we have most of the metadata loading done, as well as most of the metadata linking. I'm currently working on decomposing the IL into a custom IR, which we will then emit as compiled asm. )