This project is read-only.

Running Cosmos side by side with windows

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Hi,

I was just thinking if it is possible to run Comos parallel to Windows (Win 7, XP) on one machine.

I would disable one core for Windows via boot.ini (or bcd) and boot Cosmos on this core as some kind of real time OS.
I know that this is possible with VxWorks for example.

I would like to know if this can be done with Cosmos as well, and if yes, how?

The main job of Cosmos would be then to read sensors and control actors via special hardware (where we would write drivers for) and some limited communication with the Windows OS on the same machine.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I have never heard of such a construction (with Windows involved). Do you have any resources on that?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM, osre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I was just thinking if it is possible to run Comos parallel to Windows (Win 7, XP) on one machine.

I would disable one core for Windows via boot.ini (or bcd) and boot Cosmos on this core as some kind of real time OS.
I know that this is possible with VxWorks for example.

I would like to know if this can be done with Cosmos as well, and if yes, how?

The main job of Cosmos would be then to read sensors and control actors via special hardware (where we would write drivers for) and some limited communication with the Windows OS on the same machine.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM
On 1/13/2012 1:04 PM, mterwoord wrote:
> I have never heard of such a construction (with Windows involved). Do
> you have any resources on that?

Its a low level virtualizatin - hyper visor setup.
Jan 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I know that the German compaky KUKA runs Windows XP and VxWorks in parallel on a DualCore Machine to control theire Industrial Robots.

If you say it might be possible, then I'll try to find out how.