New Website?

Developer
Jan 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I'm curious. Is anyone working on a new website? Not that I can do website programming.. I suck at it. I just find the message to be a bit annoying

CMan332

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM
what message?

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Cman332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm curious. Is anyone working on a new website? Not that I can do website programming.. I suck at it. I just find the message to be a bit annoying

CMan332

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM
> I'm curious. Is anyone working on a new website? Not that I can do
> website programming.. I suck at it. I just find the message to be a bit
> annoying

Yes... I am.. waiting on something but its coming along...
Jan 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM
kudzu wrote:
> I'm curious. Is anyone working on a new website? Not that I can do
> website programming.. I suck at it. I just find the message to be a bit
> annoying

Yes... I am.. waiting on something but its coming along...

I have a very good website design and programming background. I could bake something up if you guys would want. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 26, 2012 at 6:08 AM

@mterwood - The message that shows up when you go to www.gocosmos.org

@kudzu - Cool. I just thought the message was there to annoy me

@civilwarrock - You seem to be piling a lot of work on yourself there.

Thanks!

--CMan332--

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:53 AM
CMan332 wrote:

Thanks!

--CMan332--

Thanks CMan332. You would be suprised I can find time for alot of things. =). But yes I have alot I am working on right now, so maybe another time. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM
civilwarrock wrote:
CMan332 wrote:

Thanks!

--CMan332--

Thanks CMan332. You would be suprised I can find time for alot of things. =). But yes I have alot I am working on right now, so maybe another time. Thanks - Matt

*a lot

Sorry about that. But it seriously bugs me. GRAMMAR NAZIS UNITE!

-CMan332-

Developer
Jan 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM

this is the internet. THERE IS NO grammatical.

On Jan 28, 2012 4:46 AM, "CMan332" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

civilwarrock wrote:
CMan332 wrote:

Thanks!

--CMan332--

*a lot

-CMan332-

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:51 PM
CMan332 wrote:
civilwarrock wrote:
CMan332 wrote:

Thanks!

--CMan332--

*a lot

-CMan332-

That's ok CMan332, I usually check what I type closely but I must have been tired and didn't check that message. =). Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I you want me to I can throw together a quick website in MVC, a simple CMS like website?

I just need to know what features we want :)

//HKS 

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM
HKS wrote:

I you want me to I can throw together a quick website in MVC, a simple CMS like website?

//HKS 

MVC? I usually find the best designed sites come from notepad, how on earth is that possible =). Just kidding, I use notepad alot, I used to use software that did it for me years ago, but I found I could make better looking sites with more control in notepad. The old site was nice, I like the banner that was on the left, made it look really cool. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Expression web, vstudio, or dreamweaver. And notepad.

On Jan 28, 2012 2:47 PM, "civilwarrock" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

HKS wrote:

//HKS

MVC? I usually find the best designed sites come from notepad, how on earth is that possible =). Just kidding, I use notepad alot, I used to use software that did it for me years ago, but I found I could make better looking sites with more control in notepad. The old site was nice, I like the banner that was on the left, made it look really cool. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM

If I have to do web stuff (which I dislike :P), I use VS Ultimate + MVC3 Razor. I use Razor over webforms, because I prefer the php-style syntax for web coding :P

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM
blah38621 wrote:

If I have to do web stuff (which I dislike :P), I use VS Ultimate + MVC3 Razor. I use Razor over webforms, because I prefer the php-style syntax for web coding :P

Hmm cool, I used notepad for some time and I recently swapped to Notepad++ because if I typed something wrong, it lets me know. =). Notepad just sits there, lol. Thanks - Matt

Well its up to everyone else, if you guys want me to work on it or give you a example of what I can code, I can do so. I have some free time so let me know. Thanks

Developer
Jan 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

It's not so much which IDE you are using, more the architecture you are going for. Like MVC or that kind of stuff. As well the language you are using, PHP, HTML, HTML5, C#(ASP.NET) etc.

//HKS

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM
We have a web system coming....

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM, HKS <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It's not so much which IDE you are using, more the architecture you are going for. Like MVC or that kind of stuff. As well the language you are using, PHP, HTML, HTML5, C#(ASP.NET) etc.

//HKS

Developer
Jan 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I won't bother doing anything then xD

//HKS

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:52 PM
HKS wrote:

I won't bother doing anything then xD

//HKS

Oh well, less stuff I have to work on =). Thanks - Matt