Plugs? Which one and how do i use it?

Developer
Feb 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM

When i try to build my OS i get an error... Do i need a plug, if not what have i done wrong. If i need one how do i get is and how do i use it...

Error    1    Natie code encountered, plug required. Please see http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Plugs). System.String  System.Number.FormatDecimal(System.Decimal, System.String, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo).
 Called from :
System.String ToString()
System.Decimal

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanMethod(MethodBase aMethod, Boolean aIsPlug, Object sourceItem) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 815
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue() in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 955
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 316
   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 231    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets    32    10    iPearBoot

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM
means Double.ToString() is not implemented yet...

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

When i try to build my OS i get an error... Do i need a plug, if not what have i done wrong. If i need one how do i get is and how do i use it...

Error 1 Natie code encountered, plug required. Please see http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Plugs). System.String System.Number.FormatDecimal(System.Decimal, System.String, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo).
Called from :
System.String ToString()
System.Decimal

at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanMethod(MethodBase aMethod, Boolean aIsPlug, Object sourceItem) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 815
at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue() in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 955
at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 316
at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 231 C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 iPearBoot

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Feb 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I looked through the code but I haven't converted any doubles to a string I have done Convert.ToInt16(examplestting); does this effect anything... Infact I haven't used a double anywhere in the code?

Sent from my iPod via Hands, Eyes and Brain

On 13 Feb 2012, at 14:53, "mterwoord" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Error 1 Natie code encountered, plug required. Please see http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Plugs). System.String System.Number.FormatDecimal(System.Decimal, System.String, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo).
Called from :
System.String ToString()
System.Decimal

at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 231 C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 iPearBoot

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I doubt that's the code that does it..
Probably you use some Console.WriteLine statement, and combind with some math (/ or *) can produce double types..

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I looked through the code but I haven't converted any doubles to a string I have done Convert.ToInt16(examplestting); does this effect anything... Infact I haven't used a double anywhere in the code?

Sent from my iPod via Hands, Eyes and Brain

On 13 Feb 2012, at 14:53, "mterwoord" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Called from :
System.String ToString()
System.Decimal

Developer
Feb 13, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Went through all the code I wrote looking for potential double problems and thought i had fixed it until at the last moment IL2CPU threw this error...

Error    23    Localloc is not yet implemented!
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86.IL.Localloc.Execute(MethodInfo aMethod, ILOpCode aOpCode) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86\IL\Localloc.cs:line 34
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.AppAssembler.ProcessMethod(MethodInfo aMethod, List`1 aOpCodes) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\AppAssembler.cs:line 155
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 427
   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 231    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets    32    10    iPearBoot

What on earth is Localloc.

P.S Sorry for all the questions :L

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
melikesPCcheese wrote:

Went through all the code I wrote looking for potential double problems and thought i had fixed it until at the last moment IL2CPU threw this error...

Error    23    Localloc is not yet implemented!
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86.IL.Localloc.Execute(MethodInfo aMethod, ILOpCode aOpCode) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86\IL\Localloc.cs:line 34
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.AppAssembler.ProcessMethod(MethodInfo aMethod, List`1 aOpCodes) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\AppAssembler.cs:line 155
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod) in c:\Users\Henry\Downloads\cosmos-88165\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 427

What on earth is Localloc.

P.S Sorry for all the questions :L

Your using Uint32.Parse() I dont think that is plugged yet. That may be the problem, but I know Int32.Parse() is. So you may want to try that. Hope it helps - Matt

Developer
Feb 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

UInt32.Parse is fully plugged, somewhere he's using the "stackalloc" keyword in C#, which I really wonder why he is, because you shouldn't need to be doing that.

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM
melikesPCcheese: can you publish your scanner log and sourcecode somewhere?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

UInt32.Parse is fully plugged, somewhere he's using the "stackalloc" keyword in C#, which I really wonder why he is, because you shouldn't need to be doing that.

Developer
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Its OK i found the problem Matt said, I was using

Uint32.Parse(parameters[0]);

which must have a bug somewhere because when I changed it to

(uint)Int32.Parse(parameters[0]);
No build error was thrown.

Developer
Feb 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Int32.Parse, and UInt32.Parse both use the same code to do the actual parsing, don't they? (only difference would be the maximum allowable number) (Or am I thinking of .ToString()? )

Developer
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I'd think they use the same code but one returns a uint and one returns an int, I wouldn't know why it would need localloc to do that? Any ideas, maybe there is a problem with the UInt32 plug.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM
most of the time localloc is an indicator of some missing plug.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'd think they use the same code but one returns a uint and one returns an int, I wouldn't know why it would need localloc to do that? Any ideas, maybe there is a problem with the UInt32 plug.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM
localloc is used by the c# unsafe keyword stackalloc.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Matthijs ter Woord <matthijsterwoord@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Developer
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

It must mean that Uint32.Parse() is not plugged yet then.

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 23:48:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Plugs? Which one and how do i use it? [Cosmos:310527]

localloc is used by the c# unsafe keyword stackalloc.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Matthijs ter Woord <matthijsterwoord@gmail.com> wrote:

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com