This project is read-only.

Using UserKit with Visual C# Express 2010

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Hey, I am trying to get Cosmos to work with Visual C# Express 2010, I have used it with 2008 but I am having a really hard time installing it with 2010. If you could give me some directions or push me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
What version are you trying to install?

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey, I am trying to get Cosmos to work with Visual C# Express 2010, I have used it with 2008 but I am having a really hard time installing it with 2010. If you could give me some directions or push me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

userkit Release 87612

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM
and what do you get? errors? (which)

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

userkit Release 87612

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I just don't know how to get it to work, I have visual c# express 2010, the userkit, the shell thing, but I do not know where to go from there

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
you create a new cosmos kernel project in c# express. then you go to the Visual Studio shell (named Visual STudio in your start menu), and create a Cosmos kernel there. add a reference to the cosmos kernel project in c# express. then hit run.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I just don't know how to get it to work, I have visual c# express 2010, the userkit, the shell thing, but I do not know where to go from there

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

how do I add the refrence?

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM
like a normal vs file reference

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

how do I add the refrence?

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I am sorry, I do not know what file to refrence

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:44 PM
your kernel .dll file, built using c# express

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am sorry, I do not know what file to refrence

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

That should be in your bin, right? I cant find it

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM
yes, but did you build your c# project yet?

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That should be in your bin, right? I cant find it

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Yes I did, I built the cosmos project shell file and the c# kernel project file and I there is no dll

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM
in the c# kernel project directory, there should be a bin folder containing a .dll now, or you have compile errors.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yes I did, I built the cosmos project shell file and the c# kernel project file and I there is no dll

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Did you save the solution?

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Can somebody make a video, because this is hard to understand with text, i get it, but I am not sure which one is which. When I compile the Shell Cosmos Project, I get a "no kernel found" error, and when I run the c#library project, I get a "output type of class library cannot..." error and yes. I have saved the solution

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM
you need to Build the c# library. then in the SHell Cosmos Project, add a refernece to the c# library.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Can somebody make a video, because this is hard to understand with text, i get it, but I am not sure which one is which. When I compile the Shell Cosmos Project, I get a "no kernel found" error, and when I run the c#library project, I get a "output type of class library cannot..." error and yes. I have saved the solution

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Ok, i think I got it, so, you have to code in visual c# and build, and than run in shell?

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Yes

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM, idifyable <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, i think I got it, so, you have to code in visual c# and build, and than run in shell?