Help With OForms

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Can someone give a tutorial of how to use Orvid's OForms and graphics

Developer
Mar 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

OForms doesn't currently work in Cosmos, due to it's use of interfaces, Orvid.Graphics however should mostly work just fine (minus font support, and most image formats)

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM

How can I display and image using Orvid.Graphics.Image

Developer
Mar 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

What you also want to look at is the Orvid.Graphics.Cosmos assembly, as that has the code needed to actually draw an Orvid.Graphics.Image to screen. Most of my code has xml documentation, so how to use the actual code should be fairly self-explanitory, though, I must admit, drawing the image to screen isn't really documented anywhere.... (I'll port the SVGAII driver to my system before I make my next commit (I won't be commiting my true-type hinter, because it won't work in Cosmos until it supports System.Reflection.Emit (yes, my TrueType hinter makes it so the instructions are literally JIT'd (thus will be the fastest hinter by-far :P))). I will commit my bezier and gradiant drawing additions to the drawing methods of Orvid.Graphics.Image though. I also won't commit my changes to OFroms (OForms is the reason I started on the true type hinter (which, atm. has about 40% of the ops implemented) :P) for a while, at least not until I have it back in a working state (currently some issues in the system due to a change in the way events are handled, due to me making it fully multi-threaded.). Once I have those issues worked out, I'll commit my changes to OForms as well.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM

So what code do i use to draw the image with