Mouse?

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM

The mouse class works except once you use the mouse for a while the os crashes / freezes...

Developer
Apr 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
That's not a problem in the mouse driver. It's a problem in how we handle interrupts.

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM, toxickill <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The mouse class works except once you use the mouse for a while the os crashes / freezes...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

So how can i fix this if possible?

Developer
Apr 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Compiler rewrite.

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM, toxickill <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Compiler rewrite? not sure, have you looked at how we handle interrupts? not sure it's the compiler: interrupts is all done using plugs..

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM, HKS <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Compiler rewrite.

Developer
Apr 9, 2012 at 7:08 PM
I could be wrong then. It's properly just the PIC or something then :)

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Compiler rewrite? not sure, have you looked at how we handle interrupts? not sure it's the compiler: interrupts is all done using plugs..

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM, HKS <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Compiler rewrite.

Developer
Apr 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Personally I'd say it's more than likely a RAM problem as COSMOS has no memory management and therefore the amount used builds up and up continuously which eventually brings every OS to it's knees. (Ones that are graphical take less time to free than the text based renditions) 

Apr 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM
melikesPCcheese wrote:

Personally I'd say it's more than likely a RAM problem as COSMOS has no memory management and therefore the amount used builds up and up continuously which eventually brings every OS to it's knees. (Ones that are graphical take less time to free than the text based renditions) 

I agree. The mouse will stop, because you ran out of ram. It happens to me all the time. I fix it by making a smaller more compact OS that uses less resources. But yes, Cosmos does need some RAM management. - Matt