file I/O

May 21, 2012 at 7:00 AM

how can we write  and read from a file ...........

Developer
May 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM

You can currently only read from a file, and it must be on a Fat32 filesystem. (provided I'm remembering correctly.)

May 22, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Edited May 22, 2012 at 3:56 AM

i am using the VMware to boot the cosmos. how can i read from a file. i have searched the internet but i didn't find any help on regarding this fiel I/O in cosmos.

in Object Browser i didn't find any help regarding the classes and their functionalities. in namespace Cosmos.

I have seen the classes Fatfilesystem,PCI  and several other classes but i am confused from where to start...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to make an OS which is similar to DOS.

May 22, 2012 at 5:38 AM
rajbloggy wrote:

i am using the VMware to boot the cosmos. how can i read from a file. i have searched the internet but i didn't find any help on regarding this fiel I/O in cosmos.

in Object Browser i didn't find any help regarding the classes and their functionalities. in namespace Cosmos.

I have seen the classes Fatfilesystem,PCI  and several other classes but i am confused from where to start...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to make an OS which is similar to DOS.

Look at pearos.codeplex.com under Core > Filesystem > FAT. However writing files to the virtual disk in VMWare is not possible that I know of. Booting it on a real hard drive does not currently work at the moment. Hope this helps - Matt