This project is read-only.

Cluster numbers and Sector numbers

May 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM

how do we know the cluster and the sector numbers from the FAT file system...

May 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM
What you need it for?

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM, rajbloggy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

how do we know the cluster and the sector numbers from the FAT file system...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I don't know how the FAT filesystem is layed out, nor do I have any idea why you'd need the cluster or sector numbers, but the cluster and sector numbers should be part of the filetable. (again, no idea how the FAT filesystem works, so this is just a guess.)

May 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

i have seen some functions in FAT.Filesystem which reads the data based on the cluster numbers and sector numbers.

Actually i am in search of how to read  a file.......I have seen several functions which ask sector or cluster number of the file as arguments

I tried using IO namespace but they are not working.............some how i managed to get the contents of the root directory and got stuck in reading the file contents.

May 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Edited May 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

How to read a file ..............?

I am using the latest version of userkit

May 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM

It helps if you would tell us which version of cosmos you're using....

Op 23 mei 2012 19:45 schreef "rajbloggy" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

i have seen some functions in FAT.Filesystem which reads the data based on the cluster numbers and sector numbers.

Actually i am in search of how to read a file.......I have seen several functions which ask sector or cluster number of the file as arguments

I tried using IO namespace but they are not working.............some how i managed to get the contents of the root directory and got stuck in reading the file contents.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 24, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Release Release 87612

On 24 May 2012 00:27, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Op 23 mei 2012 19:45 schreef "rajbloggy" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

Actually i am in search of how to read a file.......I have seen several functions which ask sector or cluster number of the file as arguments

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 24, 2012 at 8:03 AM
See the sources, in source2\users\Kudzu there's a sample showing how to use fat..

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:05 AM, rajbloggy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Release Release 87612

On 24 May 2012 00:27, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Edited May 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

the directory u mentioned exist in the Developer kit. folder ..............Thanq i found the example in the developer kit downloaded folder that deal with FAT

May 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Release 87612(user kit)

when i checked the filesystem by FAT.FatFileSystem.FatTypeEnum(used if-else)  it is showing FAT16.

is there any way that i go fo FAT32.

May 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM
format it as fat32?

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM, rajbloggy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Release 87612(user kit)

when i checked the filesystem by FAT.FatFileSystem.FatTypeEnum(used if-else) it is showing FAT16.

is there any way that i go fo FAT32.

May 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Edited May 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Release 87612(user kit)

i am using the vmware to test . Can  i determine the type of filesystem through the VMware?

I'm still getting FAT16 when i compared with the FAT.FatFileSystem.FatTypeEnum(booting from VMWARE)

I just checked , uninstall process of  userkit  giving an error,  saying........

"Runtime error(at 36:416) Internal error :Cannot disable FS redirection on this version of windows"               My os is XP

could u tell me whats the reason?

Thanks for ur help, finally succeded in reading the contents of file