How cosmos works?!

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Hi all. I've ridden documentation and some parts of cosmos' sourcecode. I have one small question. How comsos works in all? For example: How is .NET C# code translated into ASM and how is it put into .iso file? How is cosmos reading filesystem? By what? Pure ASM? I don't know answers on loads of my questions. Please, can someone write some document and put it to documentation, or can anybody answer on this questions? Thanks........

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Documentation is always the least interesting part, and let's face it, 98% of the developers are bad at it.....
That doesn't mean we dont want to document, but just that we dont have much time for it. If you're interested, you could help out on this....
Now to your question..
We have a compiler (IL2CPU), which compiles into a .asm file, which gets assembledby nasm into an elf object, and then we use some tooling (ld.exe, objdump) to retrieve some object info, and use mkisofs.exe to form the iso..

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM, FrewCen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi all. I've ridden documentation and some parts of cosmos' sourcecode. I have one small question. How comsos works in all? For example: How is .NET C# code translated into ASM and how is it put into .iso file? How is cosmos reading filesystem? By what? Pure ASM? I don't know answers on loads of my questions. Please, can someone write some document and put it to documentation, or can anybody answer on this questions? Thanks........

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Is IL2CPU yours?

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM
IL2CPU is part of the project, but i'm one of the main devs.. :)

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM, FrewCen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is IL2CPU yours?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

And where in sourcecode can I please find IL2CPU?

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2012 at 7:45 AM
In the source2\Compiler folder..

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:37 PM, FrewCen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

And where in sourcecode can I please find IL2CPU?