Exterrium OS the First with Read and Write Support?

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Im planning to Commit to Cosmos and add a dll which will allow other users to add Fat Support (Read and Write) to there Cosmos Based OS.

P.S The dll is done just gotta think about this

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Man!! I don't like to disappoint you but I did it and there is a project based on Cosmos did it, I think you would be the third.

Now we have a little problem that we can't write to files in directories like this "test/test1/test2" so we can't write to file in the directory "test1" or "test2" but we can write to file in the directory "test".

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Just tried my solution and it works perfectly... not sure why yours doesn't... Also does yours support partitioning?

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Yes! it does

Developer
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM

So you've implemented Fat Write support and a VFS?

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Rather than say "Hey look I have Fat32 Read And Write, Look at me!", why dont you release the source so the community can learn from it, like I do with PearOs. Because by you gloating on how you figured it out, but not releasing the source is doing no good. Its great you figured it out, now maybe its time you help out the community. - Matt

P.S. Who cares about, who figured it out first. What we do care about is how did you do it, and can we look at the source? Because we would like to learn from it.

Developer
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

+1 matt.

Send from my Toaster

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Okay I'm traveling for one week and after this I will release the source code.

So of course I will release it as fast as possible.

Hope it will help you!!

Ahmed

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM
ahmed01000410657 wrote:

Okay I'm traveling for one week and after this I will release the source code.

So of course I will release it as fast as possible.

Hope it will help you!!

Ahmed

Thank Ahmed, now we can learn and see how this works, I have always been curious on how FAT32 works, but its a nightmare =). Thanks -  Matt

Josh, love the plus 1. Codeplex should have something like that in the forums. =)

Developer
Jun 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM
:)

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Actually FAT12/16/32 are quite simple...

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM
mterwoord wrote:

So why didn't you include this for us instead of forcing us to code this ourselves? I admit it wasn't hard... Though it has a few problems it works perfect in debug mode but sometimes hangs on release mode...

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Because during the work we did we encountered lots of other things we needed to work on (debugger, compiler bugs, etc)..
Just hacking something togetherfor FAT support isn't that hard, but doing it in a way that fits in our planned kernel structure is a different story..

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM, aviacreations <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

So why didn't you include this for us instead of forcing us to code this ourselves? I admit it wasn't hard... Though it has a few problems it works perfect in debug mode but sometimes hangs on release mode...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Because during the work we did we encountered lots of other things we needed to work on (debugger, compiler bugs, etc)..
Just hacking something togetherfor FAT support isn't that hard, but doing it in a way that fits in our planned kernel structure is a different story..

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM, aviacreations <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

So why didn't you include this for us instead of forcing us to code this ourselves? I admit it wasn't hard... Though it has a few problems it works perfect in debug mode but sometimes hangs on release mode...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

+ 1 mterwoord =).