Explain Cosmos

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I understand how cosmos works, but there are things that I don't understand, like you compile the mscorlib to asm while the mscorlib depends on other libraries such kernel32.dll(according to redgate reflector) so how could it be used? Also System.Console how can it be used where there is no windows. Excuse my ignorance, because I am a complete noob in OS with little experience in programming.

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM
On 6/5/2012 3:25 PM, Belos wrote:
> I understand how cosmos works, but there are things that I don't
> understand, like you compile the mscorlib to asm while the mscorlib
> depends on other libraries such kernel32.dll(according to redgate
> reflector) so how could it be used? Also System.Console how can it be
> used where there is no windows. Excuse my ignorance, because I am a
> complete noob in OS with little experience in programming.

Plugs.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/220076/Csharp-Open-Source-Managed-Operating-System-Intro
Jun 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I want to comprehend the COSMOS project, I have been going through the source code, but its too much for an intermediate programmer like me, so where do I start?

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Best way to learn the project is join development! :)
This may sound weird, but it's real:
join the mailinglist (and send a short intro message shortly explainingtechnical experiences and asking for a task), and we'll get you going with small (but important) tasks to get you going: this way you are getting to know cosmos, and cosmos gets work done.. :)

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Belos <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

' want to comprehend the COSMOS project, I have been going through the source code, but its too much for an intermediate programmer like me, so where do I start?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com