Weird Error Thingy

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hi I Have been having issues with the cosmos kernel I have tried to make a Virtual registry but came across this error when running the command in the prompt i made

Too Large Memory Block Allocated!

0xE001FEB6

Can you help me?

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Son, you gone and ran out of ram.

Send from my Toaster

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I upped the ram to 1gb but still im getting the same error

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Are you creating mass amounts of objects?

Send from my Toaster

On Jun 11, 2012 1:34 PM, "Gh0st22" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I upped the ram to 1gb but still im getting the same error

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

uh im creating 4 strings per registry there are 10 registrys

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

When are you creating the objects?

Send from my Toaster

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

when the registry is first called for data read/write

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Is it called during the Run method?

Send from my Toaster

On Jun 11, 2012 1:48 PM, "Gh0st22" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

when the registry is first called for data read/write

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

yes

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

The run method is called in a loop. Try putting the init code in the BeforeRun method.

Send from my Toaster

On Jun 11, 2012 1:53 PM, "Gh0st22" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

yes

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM

i will try it

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM
This error doesn't mean out of ram, but it means that 1 allocation was made which was too large (i think we use a max of 16MB or so, have a look at the heap code for that). In this case, an object of almost 4GB of ram!! You either hit a compiler bug, or have some other bug in your code. Can you debug and see what code causes this error?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Gh0st22 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

i will try it