This project is read-only.

Pearos SVGA

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I think that the SVGA is breaking my OS!

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Great, thanks for letting us know!

On Jun 19, 2012 9:17 PM, "jpal" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I think that the SVGA is breaking my OS!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Ok. Lets get down to business.

1.  The driver in question is VMWare SVGA, PearOS just makes a wrapper around it
  2.  If your problem is with the PearOS wrapper, talk to them. If the problem is with the driver, then this is the place.
  3. You haven't given us any error messages or logs or source or anything. We can't read minds.
Jun 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2012 at 6:15 AM
CMan332 wrote:

Ok. Lets get down to business.

1.  The driver in question is VMWare SVGA, PearOS just makes a wrapper around it
  2.  If your problem is with the PearOS wrapper, talk to them. If the problem is with the driver, then this is the place.
  3. You haven't given us any error messages or logs or source or anything. We can't read minds.

I love these people. Ok now let me say this one more time. =)

#1 the SVGA driver has a bug where when "DrawRectangle" is called, the screen flashes. There was also a bug I believe with the screen flickering that I fixed.

Now I have said this time after time after time after time. I didn't write a wrapper around it, I rewrote the driver to make it work. I would upload it as fixed, but I cant on my machine. So I never bothered to do it. Now.

Your saying my driver is killing your os. Um, well if it works in mine then its not the driver. Its your code! Somewhere, that is killing your os. I dont know where. It could be a RAM overflow, a system call that is not yet implemented. I dont know, but you might want to figure out whats really crashing the OS.

+1 CMan, but the thing is, there was bugs. I fixed them and personally forgot what they were. I just know that when I used the stock Cosmos SVGA driver there was some issues. And I believe one was a RAM leak, that I patched up. I cant remember. - Matt

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:38 AM

The error message is in vmware. I posted it in another post. And it worked, I added the SVGA, and then it did not work. I will test again though.

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:52 AM

It might be that I did not reference cosmos.hardware.

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:16 AM
jpal wrote:

The error message is in vmware. I posted it in another post. And it worked, I added the SVGA, and then it did not work. I will test again though.

Huh, not sure whats going on. I have seen weird stuff before. Could even be the VMWare version your using. - Matt

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM

is not because it worked before.