VSC# Express Compilation

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Right, I have installed VS C#, and the Integrated Shell, but how do I compile projects?

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 7:50 AM
You create a project in C# Express (Cosmos Library or what it's called) and build it. Then you open VS SHell, create a Cosmos project there, and add a reference to the Library. THen you hit F5 (run), and it'll start VMware with your kernel.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM, LukeTerry <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Right, I have installed VS C#, and the Integrated Shell, but how do I compile projects?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM
better (?) explanation: http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Using%20Visual%20Studio%20Express&referringTitle=Home

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Matthijs ter Woord <matthijsterwoord@gmail.com> wrote:
You create a project in C# Express (Cosmos Library or what it's called) and build it. Then you open VS SHell, create a Cosmos project there, and add a reference to the Library. THen you hit F5 (run), and it'll start VMware with your kernel.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM, LukeTerry <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Right, I have installed VS C#, and the Integrated Shell, but how do I compile projects?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM
On 6/22/2012 2:51 AM, mterwoord wrote:
> You create a project in C# Express (Cosmos Library or what it's called)
> and build it. Then you open VS SHell, create a Cosmos project there, and
> add a reference to the Library. THen you hit F5 (run), and it'll start
> VMware with your kernel.

http://cosmos.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Using%20Visual%20Studio%20Express
Jun 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Thanks for the help

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM
kudzu wrote:

WHEN I PRESS F5 IT SHOWS AN ERROR THAT KERNAL IS NOT THERE >>>

HELP MEE 

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM
you made a new cosmos kernel project in express, and referenced that in shell?

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM, AP_OsCREATOR <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

kudzu wrote:

WHEN I PRESS F5 IT SHOWS AN ERROR THAT KERNAL IS NOT THERE >>>

HELP MEE

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I HAD TRIED EVERY THING BUT I CANT GET SUCCESS WILL ANY ONE PLZ GIVE ME A TUT ...

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
First: the key above your left Shift is called the caps lock: please hit it once....

second, if someone does try to help you, answer the question he has.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM, AP_OsCREATOR <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I HAD TRIED EVERY THING BUT I CANT GET SUCCESS WILL ANY ONE PLZ GIVE ME A TUT ...

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Well ! I Had made a simple project in C# & when i when i Press F5 to test it an error message displays on the screen that "The project of output type class cannot be started directly" 

I got your point of making project reference in VS Shell but my file does not have any dll in its Bin>Release

I Have also tested pear OS ipear.dll and it works fine.

Plzz now help me. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Oh Well sorry now i get how 2 do that

Thanxx for wasting time in helping me.

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
you need to compile your C# project (like the instructions i typed up tell, and also the link i gave tell you, and like i asked), and then in Shell add a reference, and hit F5 in shell..

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM, AP_OsCREATOR <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Well ! I Had made a simple project in C# & when i when i Press F5 to test it an error message displays on the screen that "The project of output type class cannot be started directly"

I got your point of making project reference in VS Shell but my file does not have any dll in its Bin>Release

I Have also tested pear OS ipear.dll and it works fine.

Plzz now help me.

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM

press F6, not F5