Suggestion for New Site

Developer
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Since gocosmos.org has been down for quite some time, and it wasn't the most useful place in the before days, I would like to suggest something.

IMO, it would be incredibly nice to have a forum (ex: forums.gocosmos.org), where people could get help, discuss development with Cosmos, and post updates, etc for their operating systems.  It would also be nice to include some sort of official list of Cosmos operating systems, making them easy to find and research.

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM
On 6/22/2012 6:40 PM, joshbeitler wrote:
> Since gocosmos.org has been down for quite some time, and it wasn't the
> most useful place in the before days, I would like to suggest something.
>
> IMO, it would be incredibly nice to have a forum (ex:
> forums.gocosmos.org), where people could get help, discuss development
> with Cosmos, and post updates, etc for their operating systems. It
> would also be nice to include some sort of official list of Cosmos
> operating systems, making them easy to find and research.

We have this on Codeplex already. :)
Developer
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM

An actual forum system seems more versatile, though your point is made.

Maybe separate the discussions page here into separate sections (ex: Development, Help and Support, Show off Your OS, etc).

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM
On 6/22/2012 6:44 PM, joshbeitler wrote:
> Maybe separate the discussions page here into separate sections (ex:
> Development, Help and Support, Show off Your OS, etc).

CP supports that too... we just need to define them.
Developer
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I know that ;)

Is there any reason not to define them?

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM
On 6/22/2012 6:52 PM, joshbeitler wrote:
> I know that ;)
>
> Is there any reason not to define them?

Not really, just need someone to propose them and we can refine them and
then do it...
Jun 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM

How about

* Actual Cosmos discussions

and

* Some-random-other-os-built-with-Cosmos discussions?

That way I could sub my rss reader to the cosmos stuff and not have to filter out all the other stuff.  My poor reader needs a rest from all the posts about text windowing implementations, basic windowing/vga implementations that aren't compatible with winForms/wpf/x/qt/whatever code, c# basics, general computer use and tutorials.

All the good stuff Chad and others are doing gets lost in the innane din.

Developer
Jun 24, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Ahaha

Developer
Jun 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Sounds like a plan ;)

On Jun 22, 2012 10:58 PM, "kudzu" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

On 6/22/2012 6:52 PM, joshbeitler wrote:
> I know that ;)
>
> Is there any reason not to define them?

Not really, just need someone to propose them and we can refine them and
then do it...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM
On 6/25/2012 4:10 PM, Flatlined785 wrote:
> From: Flatlined785
>
> How about
>
> * Actual Cosmos discussions
>
> and
>
> * Some-random-other-os-built-with-Cosmos discussions?

Ok I made some for starters.. have at it...