Allocate large byte array

Topics: Off Topic, Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Jul 2, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Hello , I am porting a virtual machine I wrote in C# to Cosmos it works fine , but I need to allocate more memory for it , I can only make my byte array like a couple hundred bytes before I get the ToLarge memory block allocated. Is it possible to get past this? What are you using a short for an array pointer? 

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Can you show the code you're doign? 100 bytes shouoldn't be the problem..

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello , I am porting a virtual machine I wrote in C# to Cosmos it works fine , but I need to allocate more memory for it , I can only make my byte array like a couple hundred bytes before I get the ToLarge memory block allocated. Is it possible to get past this? What are you using a short for an array pointer?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Can you show the code you're doign? 100 bytes shouoldn't be the problem..

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello , I am porting a virtual machine I wrote in C# to Cosmos it works fine , but I need to allocate more memory for it , I can only make my byte array like a couple hundred bytes before I get the ToLarge memory block allocated. Is it possible to get past this? What are you using a short for an array pointer?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Never mind , I found out it was  because FatScreem.Read(byte[], int,int); is not working so it never properly loaded files. Is it still possible to read files?

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM
On 7/2/2012 5:04 PM, GruntXProductions wrote:
> is not working so it never properly loaded files. Is it still possible
> to read files?

Not currently.