This project is read-only.

SCheduling algorithm

Topics: Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly), Off Topic
Jul 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

is there any chance to change scheduling algorithm and test them? 

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Like a timer?

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

let me explain in detail

assume you are using RR algorithm to schedule your Process

but now i want to change the time slice or maybe change the algorithm to HRRN is it possible to do so or not?

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You could try using the RTC or PIC to build a timer, and use that to control your round robin heartbeat. Ofc this might not work yet.

Did that help?

On Jul 10, 2012 1:33 PM, "mohammadmoein" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

let me explain in detail

but now i want to change the time slice or maybe change the algorithm to HRRN is it possible to do so or not?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM
We don't have any process support yet, so no scheduling involved..

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

You could try using the RTC or PIC to build a timer, and use that to control your round robin heartbeat. Ofc this might not work yet.

Did that help?

On Jul 10, 2012 1:33 PM, "mohammadmoein" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

let me explain in detail

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Unless he codes it himself, which I'm guessing was his intent.

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM
sure, but that would mean major changes to compiler etc.

Mohammad: is that your intent?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Unless he codes it himself, which I'm guessing was his intent.

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM

firs thanks for your quick replay and excuse me for late replay

i think i get my answer and my answer is now

actually i implement famous algorithms in python and i have no problem to re-implement them in your tools but actually i can not find any good developer documentation about how io support and the whole of system architecture

anyway my real intent is to use your tools for os labs but actually it does not support the feature i want someday maybe

at last thanks again for your help