svga screen

Topics: Installation, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Sep 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM

The svga screen lags. Also, images are not being drawn. the resolution is 1280x720x32.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
jpal wrote:

The svga screen lags. Also, images are not being drawn. the resolution is 1280x720x32.

The SVGA Screen lags if you don't know how to properly manage graphics. I was able to a while back use that same resolution and be LAG free on a crappy computer. I was also able to run 50 test apps without any graphical lag as well. It all depends on how your doing your drawing. But I will tell you this. Clearing the screen every update and redrawing everything every update, is not the way to go. You will not get a no laggy screen that way. - Matt

Developer
Sep 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Take a look at the source code of pearos.codeplex.com, however do not post on their discussions board as they are no longer checked. This should give you a good example of how to run the svga properly.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM
melikesPCcheese wrote:

Take a look at the source code of pearos.codeplex.com, however do not post on their discussions board as they are no longer checked. This should give you a good example of how to run the svga properly.

If your no longer apart of PearOs. Don't speak for it. I am actually working on something called 'PearOs3'. And yes those forums I checked. I read everything that goes on here and there. So please don't put words out when you don't know for sure. Thanks - Matt