Has anyone got a deompiler for the .bin output?

Topics: Off Topic, Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Sep 16, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Unfortunately, my PSU went up in smoke and with it went 3 drives--- including the one my OS is on. I have some old source for it, but a newer ISO on cloud storage. Does anybody know of a way to get back to IL from that?

Developer
Sep 16, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I don't believe so.

Sent from my toaster

On Sep 16, 2012 2:07 AM, "gungan37" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, my PSU went up in smoke and with it went 3 drives--- including the one my OS is on. I have some old source for it, but a newer ISO on cloud storage. Does anybody know of a way to get back to IL from that?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Edited Sep 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM
gungan37 wrote:

Look up ndisasm, but you can not get back your IL or C#

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM
there are some tools to disassemble native executables into assembler, but they dont work always. getting back to IL wont be possible...

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:52 AM, GruntXProductions <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

gungan37 wrote:

Look up ndisasm

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

OK, thanks for your help guys! It looks like I will be getting an HDD identical to the one my OS was on and try to swap the logic boards. I don't have any of the DLLs or anything, just an ISO I sent a friend.... so I will be working on buiding up my OS from a 3 week old backup. Thanks again for your help!

Developer
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

If you can retrieve the DLL from the .bin file, use .NET Reflector. It will ask for all the DLLs you added to your project. And you can choose what language you want to get : C#/VB/MC++/F#/IL !

Just get the DLL of the OS.

It looks like <name of your OS>.dll

I hope that I helped you.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
nasm has a disassembler, but it'll produce complex code.....

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM, zdimension <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If you can retrieve the DLL from the .bin file, use .NET Reflector. It will ask for all the DLLs you added to your project. And you can choose what language you want to get : C#/VB/MC++/F#/IL !

Just get the DLL of the OS.

It looks like <name of your OS>.dll

I hope that I helped you.